ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting a 182 manifold to a 172

Clio 172 Phase 2
Its just a pain in the arse cause 2 of the bolts are quite hard to get to in the bay and are quite often rotten.

Its not complicated or anything, just easy to round the bolts off and make it a pain in the arse.
Ok I won't bother with a decat then

Djw John

Scotland - South
ClioSport Area Rep
Yeah I've gotta agree with Chip, if you see a massive difference then you've had a pre-existing problem. I gained a couple of bhp and a couple of lb ft from memory. It certainly hasn't transformed it. I doubt anyone would know that it had been done in a blind test.

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
I went from 172 manifold with standard cat to 182 manifold and decat, on a car with exhaust and filter already and noticed a healthy difference mid range, was very impressed, im sticking one on my current one although using a sports cat and my current standard exhaust so will see how it goes this time

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
Ok let's start again lol is it worth upgrading to a 182 manifold from 172 if I'm going to be getting a cat back system
It's slightly better but it's a lot of hassle to fit as you either need to drop the subframe, remove the head, or move the engine out the way.

Clio 172
I just got 172 and was thinking about putting a 182 manifold on it as will be putting cat back system on it as well what u lot thinking I should do

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
I just got 172 and was thinking about putting a 182 manifold on it as will be putting cat back system on it as well what u lot thinking I should do

Im not sure why people keep asking the same question again and again, just read the thread!

The gains are small, the hassle to fit is large, its upto you if you dont mind the hassle for very little gain.

EVOgone

ClioSport Club Member
  Pink Cup Racer
Im not sure why people keep asking the same question again and again, just read the thread!

The gains are small, the hassle to fit is large, its upto you if you dont mind the hassle for very little gain.

What gains are there when you have a 230-240bhp engine?

182/RS2/ Turbo/Mk1
What gains are there when you have a 230-240bhp engine?

Sorry I cant comment as I havent ever built one and tried the two on it, would be interesting to see, but sadly I cant think of anyone off hand likely to fund doing so and publishing the figures.
Thats the trouble with the way magazines are so squeezed for budget these days, years ago that would have made the sort of feature they would be interested in.