ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting a new pedal box???

Clio172cup rally car
I'm looking for some advice really..?
Just been looking at a few different pedal boxes and really don't no were to start.
Basically I'm going to be fitting a sequential soon from a cup racer and been looking Into changing over to a hydraulic clutch hence the new pedal box.
with this I did a little search on here and didn't see much on this,

I saw the obp floor mounted pedal box for sale on eBay and thought it looked like a nice bit of kit but after reading a few comments on here how crap they were decided to stay away,
5684844d-e118-b12f.jpg

But on the other hand it does seem like a easy option as its just bolt in and off you go,

Has anybody fitted a aftermarket pedal box before?
which would be easier to fit floor or bulk head and which would give me the best adjustment for seating postion?
There seem to be a lot of different option to take when buying a pedal box and ive never done it before so haven't go a clue were to start lol
any advise would be great, thanks

Can't help too much i'm afraid mate but I did look into it before I built mine, the only real workable option was to bulkhead mount and fabricate a hood coming out of the bulkhead and fix to this. Mounting to the floor means your legs are too cramped and if you move the seat back then the steering wheel needs extending quite abit. I can't remember which pedal box I picked out to go with but it certainly wasn't cheap so just left it :(

Clio172cup rally car
That's what I thought and I do like being close to the steering wheel being a short arse lol
it seems like this is going to be more hassle than its worth, and I know what you mean by the costs, Ive just seen a ap floor mounted box on eBay for £1000 and that's second hand.

Not saying people on here don't know what they are talking about but dmac has used an obp in his pro drift car so they can't be that bad imo.

But as James said floor mounts are not really workable.

Last edited:
That's what I thought and I do like being close to the steering wheel being a short arse lol
it seems like this is going to be more hassle than its worth, and I know what you mean by the costs, Ive just seen a ap floor mounted box on eBay for £1000 and that's second hand.
Haha you can extend the wheel but it's a lot of work unless you just use the spacers but they are only ideal for 50mm ish

Yeah £1k rings a bell I only threw the paperwork away the other day otherwise I would dig it out :dapprove: