ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting a Sub

Not a Clio

right... when it comes to ICE i know virtually nothing.

My setup at the moment is how the previous owner left it.
Pioneer cd/mp3 HU, 4 standard speakers up front, 2 rear 6x9s and some tiny tweeters. The 6x9s come off a small amp.. think its 45watt?

In the boot there some phono leads not connected to anything which i have tracked down to the front of the car, they appear to have been in the Hu at some point... would this have been someone running a sub from the HU?

Whats the best way to do this?

[Edited by _simon_ on 6/16/2005 7:44:08 PM]

Sound like RCA leads for another amp to me??? Probably for a sub, the best way for you to do it is get a new amp and sub, youll also need to run a power and remote lead too (Im no expert though!).

Mike.

1.8 Civic EX

if there is all ready an amp in the boot you can run the power off that one. get a little block so one power cable goes in and 2 come out, one for each amp. its good to earth the amp at the same point as the other one so they all get the same power or something like that. you can also take the remote lead from the existing amp too.

How thick is the existing power cable? You want to be running at least 8 gauge if youre gonna start running multiple or a high power amp off it....