ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitting altinator yourself?

clio mk1
hi all, after buying a new battery and thinking it was that my carr didnt start again today ;( anyway i rang the scrappie and they said 30 for an altinator... kwik fit wont ouch it if i buy it from there but i wondered how easy they are to fit myself, its a 1.2 prima 1995, anyone ever done this or know how easy it is? cheers. ryan

hi all, after buying a new battery and thinking it was that my carr didnt start again today ;( anyway i rang the scrappie and they said 30 for an altinator... kwik fit wont ouch it if i buy it from there but i wondered how easy they are to fit myself, its a 1.2 prima 1995, anyone ever done this or know how easy it is? cheers. ryan

Pretty Easy. Bit Fiddly if you havnt done it before, Where are you located mate. I've got a alt sitting here £20 + £15 so £35 fitted. :)

It's pretty easy, even on a bigger engined mk1. Just a bit tricky to get your hands in sometimes!

I'm sure that it'd be easier on a 1.2 - post a pic of the engine bay and where it's located :)

I found fitting a alt on a 1995 r.t 1.4 was really hard to get the old alt out :-( in the end i took it out from the top removin the inlet.

clio mk1
hi rob, im in hull mate, id quite happily buy it off you but i need to get it done tomorow ready to get to work the following day, at the moment im using my birds mums clio and shes wants it backnowledge tomorow! obviously if your nearby ill grab it off you though... does anyone know how much a garage would charge to fit an altinator just a rough price to expect, id rather do it myself because id like to know but i dont suppose there is any diy guides anywhere to show you how to do it?cheersryan