ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting CD changer?

My ph2 172 didnt come with a cd changer under the seat and i want to fit one.
How difficult is it to do?Any drilling needed?

Golf GTD Mk7
very easy mate. just plugs stright into the back of the head unit. Only pain part will be to run the wire without seeing it. When it comes standard I think the wire runs under the carpet and comes out under the seat where the pretensioner wires are. Apart from that the unit is screwed to the floor with 4 bolts.

Clio 172
i have a cd changer in my Clio and wondered if i can connect it to my JVC headunit or does it have to be the standard clio headunit.

Thanks

need to take the dash top off, but its no big task.

I retro-fitted the changer to my 182, and fitted it under my drivers seat.

i have a cd changer in my Clio and wondered if i can connect it to my JVC headunit or does it have to be the standard clio headunit.

Thanks

OEM head unit only, even though the changer is made by alpine it only works with the renault HU.

Golf GTD Mk7
need to take the dash top off, but its no big task.

I retro-fitted the changer to my 182, and fitted it under my drivers seat.

why do you need to remove the dash top? You can thread the wire up the back of the centre console no? thats what I did with the tunepoint (would suggest getting this over the CD changer to be honest).

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
It's easy. No need to take the dash off at all, can thread the cable through under the glove box.

Takes 15 minutes!

172, Tiguan
Bump for this as I might have a go at this tonight.

Does it bolt to existing holes the seat uses? I was actually thinking of fixing it under the seat with strong velcro.

I'm assuming the pax seat has to come out, or is that not necessary?

in my ph1 172 there was no cd changer so i bought one wit the cable.
in the ph1 anyway they go under the driver seat because there is a plastic thingy under the passenger.
also no need to take the dash off just the plastic thing right inside the door run the cable up there over the steering wheel and ta-da

Bracket and changer replaces the underseat passenger tray in the car.

I ran the cable underneath the carpet, carpet was stuck in the middle under the ash unit, cut it in half, pulled the carpet down and ran it through and pushed it all back together, then pulled it along till there was a slit in the carpet, work perfectly.