ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Dension Ice Link - Radio Code?

1.2 16v Mk 2 Ph 2 Extreme
Hello

I'm going to fit a Dension Ice Link to my cd player soon and I'm wondering whether I will need to recode it?

My problem is that I don't have the radio code anywhere. I've checked all my documents and I can't see any reference to the radio code, chassis number, locking wheel nut number etc.

Thanks.

106 GTi
If you remove the headunit enough just to plug it in you won't need the code. Pull it out and disconnect the power and you will need the code.

Clio dynamique 1.4 16v
you will need to disconnect it so you can splice the power lead on the stereo, it's the easiest way to get power to it.

Thanks for your replies. Its the Dension ice>Link Plus.

I really don't want to have to pay a dealer to recode my radio! Actually they should provide me with my code for free seeing as though they didn't when I bought the car.

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
It depends very much on which connector you ordered, if its the one with the blue square plug, it just pushes into the blue socket on the back of your set.
You don't need to disconnect the set so the code is not a problem but you need to get it from the dealer for future use.

Thanks Brian. I telephoned them and they gave me the code based on the chassis number. Hopefully its for the CD player and not the tape player that was originally in my car!

Carrera 4S. Clio 172. M5
Thanks Brian. I telephoned them and they gave me the code based on the chassis number. Hopefully its for the CD player and not the tape player that was originally in my car!

Renault, being helpful ??? I'd be deeply worried if I were you......:eek: