ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Fog Lights

Hi all,

I have just bought myself a 04 plate non sport with blanking caps in the front bumper, i'd love to put some fogs, any ideas how easy it is?
Is all the wiring there and it is as simple as popping them in?

Thanks, Toby

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
For Ph.1's you need a loom, light stalk with fog switch, and the fog lights themselves. Probably the same for a Ph.2, although I'm sure someone else will confirm.

1.2 16v
I take it this is the mk2 ph2?

When I drove my dad's mk2 ph2 1.5 DCi for a year, that had the blanking caps in but the wiring was there behind, but the only thing that was missing was the stalk.

The one I'm driving now is my 1.2 mk2ph2 and I havnt actually checked if it's behind tbh. Im at work at the moment so when I'm on my break I'll go out and put my hand under. Need this doing to mine ASAP like!

Just dug a bit deeper, apparently it's harder than it looks, even if the loom is behind the fogs, depending on how the car is pre set u determines whether or not the wiring is in the dash board. NIGHTMARE!

1.2 16v
Dashboard out jobbie then! Surely if the wires are behind the bumper they'd be behind the dash too? Can't imagine the'd have it wired to nothing? Then again it is a French car lol....

Yep, top of dash to get to the connections, and apparently its whether the car is pre-equipped for the fogs, but thats the renault lottery! a good way of telling is a whether there is a spare spot in the fuse box for them, i don't know where, but thats all i know :( i did see something though about splitting the wire that goes to the rear fogs and doing it that way..

1.2 16v
Only one way of finding out!

Though if you are wanting them I don't see the problem in at least having a go :) where do you live?

Surely if you spliced into the rear wiring wouldn't that half the voltage to the lights, making them not as bright as they should be?

What you could do, is create like a separate lighting circuit I suppose... Trail a wire into the can and just flick it on and off, just earth it and hook it up to the battery? Similar to the ones I got for crimbo :) (not Renault made ones but they're still great!) I'm not saying this is all you need to do, obviously all the other stuff but an external on/off switch instead of taking the dash apart?

PH1 172, E39
If the wiring is there, all you need to do is connect into one that goes to a headlight. Also you will need a light stalk that has the fog light feature on it. Then you remove the cowling from the steering wheel and following the instructions in a guide, you replace the light stalk.
I did this to my 2001 Megane Classic that came with single beam headlights and it works up to today.

I have a ph1 grande ive bought the foglights and loom just need light stalk with the fog light switch once bought is there any changes that need to be made with the light stalk and were does the loom connect to

For Ph.1's you need a loom, light stalk with fog switch, and the fog lights themselves. Probably the same for a Ph.2, although I'm sure someone else will confirm.
Re: Fitting Fog Lights
I have a ph1 grande ive bought the foglights and loom just need light stalk with the fog light switch once bought is there any changes that need to be made with the light stalk and were does the loom connect to