ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting headlight washer jets

Black FF 182
Anyone had experience with fitting headlight washer jets on a 182? I read in another post its just a matter of removing the bumper. How difficult is the bumper to remove?

330i. E30 Touring.
Bumper is easy to remove.

Why you'd want to fit the jets though is a mystery. Horrible leaky things.

Better to blank them off and not worry.

182 Inferno
How do you even work them?! I've never come across a button? Not that I'm desperate to use them or anything..

How do you even work them?! I've never come across a button? Not that I'm desperate to use them or anything..

I think they only work when your headlights are on while squirting the windows.
I'm sure some one will correct me if i'm wrong.

182 Inferno
I think they only work when your headlights are on while squirting the windows.
I'm sure some one will correct me if i'm wrong.
Ohh that makes sense.
I'll have a go and find out.

Well, they probably don't work anyway like

Black FF 182
One was knocked off so have bought a replacement. I read on another thread that cars with HIDs won't pass MOT without headlamp washers otherwise I would have opted to blank them.

BoatNonce

ClioSport Club Member
Never failed an MOT in 6 years of them not wrorking

headlamp.png

Reason for rejection #2

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
I know that mate, i wasnt disagreeing that it should be a fail. Im just stating that in 6 years not one garage has failed me for them....

Gus

ClioSport Moderator
  182Turbo,DCi90
Also it's cheaper to replace the washer jets than buying a blank.

Austin-182

ClioSport Club Member
Every thread about this ends up going off topic.

Does anyone know how to fix only ever returns responses about blanking them or talking about how it will fail an MOT.

A full detailed guide on how to replace broken washer jets with working washer jets would be brilliant.

BMW 320d SE
I did this two weeks ago on my 182. There is a guide on here somewhere that shows how to remove the bumper. Essentially, there is a torx screw in each wheel arch, and a bolt at the top of the bumper where it meets the wheel arch. There are two clips on the top of the grille that must come off too. If you want a total removal, you have to undo the undertray bolts too, but I didn't bother. Then pull each side out and the whole bumper comes forwards. The washer jets are held in by a 21mm nut iirc. Quite simple and easier with two people to support the bumper.
Annoyingly, a week after doing this someone drove into the back of the car, so now I'm waiting to see if it is a write off. :rage:

Listerine & Poledo
The only thing my headlight washers did of note, on the old 172, was decide to give out and piss all my washer fluid down the bumper.