ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting interior trim panel by rear seats

I've just notice that one of the interior trim panels in the rear of my 172 isn't sitting quite right (I think it was moved when I had a dent taken out on rear panel).

Anyway, I'm trying to correctly relocate it but can't figure out how it's supposed to fix in where it meets the window. Should it press downwards and pop in, or does it push in sideways?

Sorry the above isn't very clear - I'll try to get a picture tonight to show what I mean.

If you are talking about the rear interior 1/4 panel trims that have the alcantara insert in from memory they hook over the top of the metal lip in the shell along the bottom of the 1/4 glass. Then you just press it firmly into place in the location where the clips are and they should snap/click into place.

Yep, that's the one - I was trying that, but didn't want to try too hard in case it was wrong. Will give it another go tonight.

Cheers!

Ph1 172 + Combo van
i had this on mine mate as i took the pannels of to fit some sound deadening. when i tried to fix it, it was easier to take the bottom seatbelt fixing out then you will be able to hook the top part over the metal lip by the window easier.