ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting K-Tech Exhaust

PH1 172
As they are closed over the weekend from lunch time onwards yesterday and didn't have a chance to ring them for advice I thought I would see if anyone on here has fitted one recently and can answer the following questions for me :)

I have the supersport recessed exhaust:

1) How do you get it to sit higher as atm I don't want to cut the bumper as that's not what is stopping it and I have played with the mounts to adjust it? See the pics attached.....

2) When I do get round to cutting the bumper what did people use e.g. junior hacksaw etc?

Attachments

• 30052009414.jpg
    30052009414.jpg
    401 KB · Views: 47
  • 30052009415.jpg
    30052009415.jpg
    329.7 KB · Views: 63
  • 30052009416.jpg
    30052009416.jpg
    385.9 KB · Views: 57
  S4 Avant
Looks like you'll have to take a hammer to the exhaust hanger(s), and hammer them down so the back box sits higher.

As for cutting the bumper, junior hacksaw sounds like a plan.

PH1 172
Looks like you'll have to take a hammer to the exhaust hanger(s), and hammer them down so the back box sits higher.

As for cutting the bumper, junior hacksaw sounds like a plan.

I've tried moving the mounts up and around the pipes as much as possible to the point where I can't see them going anymore....it's annoying that the 172 doesn't have another mount on the other side of the rear silencer.... cheers for the post mate

e92 + E46 M3 + Cup
I used a dremel to cut my bumper out, i dont have a k-tec system but did use a 182 surround

DSC05095.jpg

James

apart from adjusting the strap on the rear box, the system-box clamp needs to be very tight, to prevent the box from turning in the system pipe and dropping down

PH1 172
James cheers for the idea, shame I don't have a dremel lol

Henry, will attack the mounts again and make sure they are very tight...

If anybody has anymore ideas please let me know :)

S4 Avant
Buy hammering the hangers, I meant the metal hangers that are welded onto the exhaust, and sit in the exhaust mounts. If you take a hammer to those and bend them down a bit, the over all result is the exhaust sitting higher.

Edit: sounds like the back box is held to the mount with a glorified jubilee clip, so my advice is useless...

rps13
That exhaust is generaly recessed on phase 2 172's mate. The phase one bumper is much much higher and i'm not sure if it'l sit high enough to recess it.

PH1 172
Buy hammering the hangers, I meant the metal hangers that are welded onto the exhaust, and sit in the exhaust mounts. If you take a hammer to those and bend them down a bit, the over all result is the exhaust sitting higher.

Edit: sounds like the back box is held to the mount with a glorified jubilee clip, so my advice is useless...

The back box has a metal ring that sits around the whole backbox and is tightened by one bolt as you can see in the pic so no bending the mount as you say :(

That exhaust is generaly recessed on phase 2 172's mate. The phase one bumper is much much higher and i'm not sure if it'l sit high enough to recess it.

Was thinking this but then looking at the pics on K-Tech website before I bought it I should be able to do it http://www.k-tecracing.com/show_product.asp?id=2069&pic=3 not sure how they have got it to sit in the bumper like that :S

The Ph1 bumper isn't really that much higher than the Ph2. I had a custom prospeed recessed one on my old Ph1 172 and it was fine.

I guess all 'off the shelf' exhausts are going to require a bit of fettling to get them to sit right.

K-Tec Racing

ClioSport Trader
  172LBT-172HBT-197-R2
You need to assemble the exhaust without tightening the U Clamps, then once you have the backbox in the correct recessed position, tighten from the back of the car toward the front. This will give you the best options for how much you recess the tail trim.

PH1 172
You need to assemble the exhaust without tightening the U Clamps, then once you have the backbox in the correct recessed position, tighten from the back of the car toward the front. This will give you the best options for how much you recess the tail trim.

Thanks for the reply, have sent a pm in response to clear up a couple of things :)