ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Pedals

Bought some aluminium pedals, and cant drill through the steel which is already there. :mad:

Anyone got any tips or anyone done it before... they are Sparco racing pedals from Ripspeed and its a Clio 2002 Dynamique....

Thanks, Andy :oops:

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

There is one way to do it without damaging the pedals. Attach velcro to the pedal and the new pedal, then attach. Its not perfect, but doesnt damage your current pedals. Other than that, theres superglue. But I tried attaching new pedal covers to my old 306, The drill just didnt do it!!

I know that therell be a million and 1 other ways.

Good luck with doing it.

Nightmare fitting new pedals. Ive drilled through and rivetted the clutch and brake pedals on, and as for the accelerator, Ive screwed 4 clips behind the pedal to go behind the original go pedal and then screwed them up real tight to grab hold

Atlantis Blue 1.2 Corsa B

only if you pull at the surely, and when your driving you push? they might move a little tho......

Punto/Clio GTT

drill em ya poof lol, had no probs drillin through mine with a 1/8 -> 3/16

left the plastic accelerator cover on though n bolted to that

Don

182 & LY Clio 220 ed

Do you move your feet around on the pedals a lot? Some people tend to move the ball of their foot around on the pedal, if so, then velcro is not a good idea. If you raise your foot off the pedal before moving it, then you should be fine. I had no real issues, just use a couple of strips of velcro...ie if you think of one side as being (+) and the other side as being (-) then place one of each on both parts (pedal and cover) and match them up, if it doesnt work for you, you can always remove it and try another way. Velcro is a couple of quid from a market (if that!)

Ali

V6, Trackhawk, GTS

PMSL at velcro!!!! the throttle pedal is the tricky one, its impossible to get to lined up perfect.