ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Problem / Question

I have snapped a tiny piece of my key in my ignition barrel, so today i went to my nearest auto scrap yard and got a new ignition barrel with key, Im i right in saying that I cant get my old ignition barrel off because I cant turn the key?

If i cant turn the old key in the barrel to remove ignition does it have to be drilled off??

If anyone has a way around this let me know any pictures form old threads on here would be great

Here is a picture of my new barrel

8241901240_46ef32d6dd.jpg

154404_2582868707034_2139587175_n by dale.bolan, on Flickr

Thanks

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I can't help with your question, but also I think you need to remove the chip from your key, it's just a little metal/plastic thing, because the "ring" around your existing barrell reads that?

Ave been told to remove the key blade from the key with the new barrel and put it into my old black casing and it will work :) thanks though