ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting scenic shifter?

Anyone got a how to on fitting the scenic shifter to a 182? Searched but to no avail. Also is it better to bend it or shorten the linkage?

Cheers Phil

172 Ph1
Anyone got a how to on fitting the scenic shifter to a 182? Searched but to no avail. Also is it better to bend it or shorten the linkage?

Cheers Phil

Sorry Phil , it says fitting so I assumed you had one already .
Lol at bending it and shortening it to get it to fit . [emoji12]

172 Ph1
Haha, bending or shortening to bring it closer to the driver, lol.
IMG_1194.JPG

There you go if it helps

f2f3594eb08af2b7a6a0b9fd6d641935.jpg

Last edited:
It's a plug and play unit. I think the only thing you (may) need to do is elongate one of the holes where it mounts but it's year dependant.
Cheers Dan, was gonna drop you a PM on this. Just gonna bend it to bring it closer to me as well, should be straight forward enough...

dann2707

ClioSport Club Member
Cheers Dan, was gonna drop you a PM on this. Just gonna bend it to bring it closer to me as well, should be straight forward enough...
No worries brother. Yeah I would. Shortening the linkage causes all kinds of interference issues with the subframe and exhaust (been there, done that).

You might struggle with bending it nicely, I used a hydraulic press to do mine

No worries brother. Yeah I would. Shortening the linkage causes all kinds of interference issues with the subframe and exhaust (been there, done that).

You might struggle with bending it nicely, I used a hydraulic press to do mine
Yeah I'll get the fitter in work to do it in our hydraulic press, 45 degree(ish)? Also do you reckon this will tighten things up a little?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371593047806?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

172 Ph1
Yeah I'll get the fitter in work to do it in our hydraulic press, 45 degree(ish)? Also do you reckon this will tighten things up a little?

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/371593047806?_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK:MEBIDX:IT

I have one of those in my box , these are ok , but avoid quick and abrupt gear changes as the throw is shorter and the syncro's will take a beating more so as such . I've been gentle with mine and all is good so far .
Had it in for about 6 years now .

Right so fitted this over the weekend, pretty simple to do really. Ash tray out, gear gator up over the gear stick, gear surround off, remove heat shield clips under the car and unclamp the cat (decat in my case) joined to the cat-back and pull down slightly, undo the 4 nuts holding the surround and 1 nut through the linkage rod, pull out through the bottom of the car, reverse to fit the scenic shifter.

Is your decat a sleeve type or is it flanged?
If sleeve did you have to remove it completely or just pull it down enough to wiggle the shifter out?
My decat is flanged mate, and it literally needs pulling down an inch or so to pull/push the gear surround out/in.