ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fitting seats and subframes..........

R35 GTR
what size bolts do i need to fit the subframes for my cobra seats to the car.

I took the seat out and realised the bolts dont come off the renault subframe.ooooops.:S

Will B&Q jobbies do, or do i need some tougher screws n bolts?.

Renaultsport 220T
Don't use B&Q ones whatever you do!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Think mine were M6 bolts, basically the biggest that will fit through the holes in your subframes/floor.

R35 GTR
lol. thought as much, so M6, but what length, i forgot to measure grrrrrrr.

Any idea of a good supplier too?

cheers.

yup M8 bolts, and dont use B&Q or similar they're like cheese and shear off when you tighten them up. I used strengthened allen headed bolts from work that we get from a fastening supplier we deal with.

R35 GTR
FredYozzasport said:
M8 x 1.25 thread approx 2 inch long

trident racing supplies at Silverstone, get 10.9/12.8 strength

cheers dude, i just got about 3 million nuts n bolts n washers from a hardware shop in the middle of nowhere. £2.50 what a bargain.

But I think I'll go with what you suggest. Do they need washers to spread the weight underneath?

Lionel Richie
use the OE 13mm "top hat" nuts for underneath, i use washers on the top side between the bolt head and the subframe if that makes sense?

R35 GTR
FredYozzasport said:
use the OE 13mm "top hat" nuts for underneath, i use washers on the top side between the bolt head and the subframe if that makes sense?

makes sense. I got in touch with cobra and the guys you suggested. Will see what happens in next day or so.

cheers mate.

Banana
I just used some cheapy M8 bolts from my local hardware shop, with the OE nuts and they are solid as a rock.
Does anyone know where to get those plastic press-on domes that cover the bolt heads? They look kinda naff.

R35 GTR
Rufstuf said:
I just used some cheapy M8 bolts from my local hardware shop, with the OE nuts and they are solid as a rock.
Does anyone know where to get those plastic press-on domes that cover the bolt heads? They look kinda naff.
I know I could do that, but would rather pay £25 on a set of bolts that are guarenteed a decent strength.

But knowing me I'll get impatient and stick them in with the B&Q bolts for the time being.

clicky for caps.................http://www.fastfixdirect.co.uk/code...oryID=5&ProductCategoryID=130&ProductID=44768

R35 GTR
No problem mate, i forgot about buying these, but will do now if I get the bolts off this site. I just need to stick another £25 worth of stuff on the order to get free shipping ( usually £6ish)

any more ideas for me? lol. Do the harness bolts need caps/covers?

just checked price on the caps......£15 for 100.lol.

group buy anyone?