ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

fitting seats and subframes..........

R35 GTR
what size bolts do i need to fit the subframes for my cobra seats to the car.

I took the seat out and realised the bolts dont come off the renault subframe.ooooops.:S

Will B&Q jobbies do, or do i need some tougher screws n bolts?.

Steviant

ClioSport Club Member
  Renaultsport 220T
Don't use B&Q ones whatever you do!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Think mine were M6 bolts, basically the biggest that will fit through the holes in your subframes/floor.

R35 GTR
lol. thought as much, so M6, but what length, i forgot to measure grrrrrrr.

Any idea of a good supplier too?

cheers.

yup M8 bolts, and dont use B&Q or similar they're like cheese and shear off when you tighten them up. I used strengthened allen headed bolts from work that we get from a fastening supplier we deal with.

R35 GTR
FredYozzasport said:
M8 x 1.25 thread approx 2 inch long

trident racing supplies at Silverstone, get 10.9/12.8 strength
cheers dude, i just got about 3 million nuts n bolts n washers from a hardware shop in the middle of nowhere. £2.50 what a bargain.

But I think I'll go with what you suggest. Do they need washers to spread the weight underneath?

Lionel Richie
use the OE 13mm "top hat" nuts for underneath, i use washers on the top side between the bolt head and the subframe if that makes sense?

R35 GTR
FredYozzasport said:
use the OE 13mm "top hat" nuts for underneath, i use washers on the top side between the bolt head and the subframe if that makes sense?
makes sense. I got in touch with cobra and the guys you suggested. Will see what happens in next day or so.

cheers mate.

Banana
I just used some cheapy M8 bolts from my local hardware shop, with the OE nuts and they are solid as a rock.
Does anyone know where to get those plastic press-on domes that cover the bolt heads? They look kinda naff.

R35 GTR
Rufstuf said:
I just used some cheapy M8 bolts from my local hardware shop, with the OE nuts and they are solid as a rock.
Does anyone know where to get those plastic press-on domes that cover the bolt heads? They look kinda naff.
I know I could do that, but would rather pay £25 on a set of bolts that are guarenteed a decent strength.

But knowing me I'll get impatient and stick them in with the B&Q bolts for the time being.

clicky for caps.................http://www.fastfixdirect.co.uk/code...oryID=5&ProductCategoryID=130&ProductID=44768

R35 GTR
No problem mate, i forgot about buying these, but will do now if I get the bolts off this site. I just need to stick another £25 worth of stuff on the order to get free shipping ( usually £6ish)

any more ideas for me? lol. Do the harness bolts need caps/covers?

just checked price on the caps......£15 for 100.lol.

group buy anyone?