ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Fitting solenoids

TT 225

I need an alternative way to get under the bonnet without opening the car doors

Basically im having a few problems with the battery keep going flat, and the car is de-locked. I have a Clifford fitted with which I open the doors via the central locking but when the battery goes all the way flat the doors wont open!

So, I need another way of opening the bonnet apart from using the inside handle.

Any ideas? (Apart from replacing the battery)

"...but when the battery goes all the way flat..."

- Why does your battery go all the way flat!?! It shouldnt! And if it didnt you wouldnt have to mess about with another way of opening the bonnet! ;)

TT 225

I dont know why it does it tho, and I need to find out before replacing the battery (incase its not the battery).

Sometimes I can leave it and not start it for 3/4 days and its fine, but i left it yesterday evening and this morning it was dead.

Could be a dodgy earth somewhere, but it sounds like an alltenator(think that is how it is spelt!) problem, is it after a short run that it does not re-start?

TT 225

"is it after a short run that it does not re-start"

Not really no.. some nights I am quite busy out shopping and at my mates and it always starts fine. Just after leaving it over night on occasional days :confused:

I thought it may be something like that, but it doesnt not start in any particular pattern, just misbehaves when it wants!

Argh!! Cheers for the help tho :)

Corsa 1.3 CDTI

Kelly,

When I had my Clifford Concept 500 alarm fitted I found my car would start sometimes and not others. It turned out to be a number of things.

1. When they installed the alarm the interior light was left on for 7-8 hours cause they needed the door open to work on it.

2. The battery was knackered anyway before I bought the car and didnt realise until the alarm was fitted and loaded the battery up more, infact just enough to give erractic starting problems.

I got renault to replace the battery under warranty and this fixed the problems. I can know leave my car for 2 or more weeks and then start it up first time always.

TT 225

Chavyboy! That might be it!! It didnt do it till i got the Clifford 600 fitted!

Right, think Ill try a new battery then, and tonight i will check none of the interior lights are stuck on

Thank you!! :D