ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting/spraying new front bumper?

Not a Clio anymore.....
I'm needing a new (non Renault standard) front bumper thanks to a kind Scenic depositing part of its bumper into the front of mine on the motorway.

I'll be able to fit it myself easily enough but would rather have it sprayed at a bodyshop.

Q: Should I fit it first then have it sprayed or get it sprayed and then fit it?

Punto/Clio GTT
sprayed first then fitted. other wise the sprayer will struggle to get the basecoat under the lights, underneath the bumper and various other places. painting the bumper off will mean it will get an even prep, an even basecoat and even coats of laquer all over

Not a Clio anymore.....
Cheers mate!!! I was told by someone to get it sprayed in situ so its on the car and looks as it should. But I thought you wouldn't get it all covered and I should spray it first.

Thanks for the advice!