ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting Standard Alarm - How Worth it

Getting an import 172, whcih doesnt have an alarm fitted, just immobiliser I believe.

Is it worth me getting the standard UK spec alarm fitted? If so, would I have to get Renault to do that?

Or, if im getting an alarm fitted, would I be better off getting an aftermarket one which is probably better anyway? If so, any recommendations?

Cheers for any help

Ste

A slow one :-(

I got a Cobra Cat 1 upgrade for 200 quid. Been told i can get it cheaper though. Id only do if it brings ur insurance down. I only got mine for this and I also added a tilt sensor so if any scum trys to nick my wheels when its parked outside my house id know about it! But at the end of the day who takes notice of an alarm? Theres always house alarms going off round my way and i neva take notice of them!

ST

Toad AI606 CAT1, job done, just make sure you get someone who knows what they are doing to fit it!

I was quoted £200 for the same alarm as Renault fit, including VAT and installation, from an independant source.

It wouldnt make any difference to my insurance, because i asked, all they were bothered about was the immobiliser.

What about the remote central locking etc?

Does that just work off the Clio fob, with the alarm also setting itself. Or would you then need two fobs. Im referring to fitting an aftermarket one - eg Toad

Megane225FF

youll get another fob with the toad, that works the central locking & arms the alarm, with the reno key the central locking will still work, but it wont activate the toad alarm (so not much point using it)..

hope that helps..

Megane225FF

oh yeah, and both the immobilisers still work on their own, even if you have the reno key in the ignition, if you aint disarmed the toad immobiliser, it wont start - thats with the ai606 anyway.

Quote: Originally posted by thedoc on 01 July 2005

youll get another fob with the toad, that works the central locking & arms the alarm, with the reno key the central locking will still work, but it wont activate the toad alarm (so not much point using it)..

hope that helps..
So can get away with using Renault key (disarms standard immob upon ignition) and new Fob which will disarm alarm and immob in one? Is that right?