ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting throttle bodies?

My bicycle!!
Right, when you fit throttle bodies (after market ones) There is no air filter on them?

So surely this would drag in dirt and grit into the engine and after time score the bore?

Or am i completely wrong?

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
They do have air filter on? Just most people show the pics with them off, i think anyway.

Clio v6
They have an air box or spongy filter things covering them I think. Someone better connected in the motorsport world will be along soon to confirm I guess.

AMV8, Mk1 Golf
n806425270_945966_7121.jpg

PH2 vts
on my saxo they did not come with filters/socks, but they can be fitted over the end of each body or if your haveing them inclosed then the feed to the box should be filtered.

Clio v6
They look pretty without the cover, but then who's going to be looking under the bonnet as they drive along?

GDI 227bhp ITB`d 172 cup
as above, need the filter to stop dirt,stones,flys (lol) ect going into the engine n blowing it up!! i always take the filter off whem i`m showing off my car cause it does look 10 times better wiv out the filter fitted (old pics, will get sum up soon off the hoses,oil cooler,stainless bottles ect)

nopanelfilter.jpg

foxonsITBcup001.jpg