ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting v-maxx

Clio 172
Hello guys i would just like to know what is needed (tools wise) to fit my v-maxxs or maybe someone would help for some beer tokens lol cheers!

Charged Superleggera
socket set, brakers bar, jack, stands. might also be worth getting your top mounts lossened off by an air gun at a local garage aswell.

also have a look at the guide for fitting coilovers in teh guides section if you get stuck

Ultra Red Megane 225
i fitted some to my Cup about a month ago, took me 4 hours. pretty simple job tbh, only difficult bit is cracking the top nuts on the front struts. if you were closer id give you a hand

BMW M135i
Hello guys i would just like to know what is needed (tools wise) to fit my v-maxxs or maybe someone would help for some beer tokens lol cheers!
If you want them fitting just give me a shout, i'm only up the road and i've taken far far too many clios apart before.

Ultra Red Megane 225
its difficult to undo the top nut without air tools, as the whole strut rotates inside itself (if that makes sense?) when i did mine, i zapped them with an air gun at work then tightened with a ratchet for the drive home. much easie to get them off that way.

BMW M135i
I've never had a problem with them using an allen socket and a cranked spanner but i'd imagine the good old impact gun will get them off easily enough if they're stuck on.

You'll need compressors to get the top mounts off the original front struts to swap them onto the vmaxxs. People say you can get away without them but its just not worth the risk imo. Rears don't need either.

u need a 21mm ring spaner with the swan neck end and a allen key bit fitted 2 a socket set and sum penatration fluid 4 the top mount hold the ratchet with the allen key atatchment in the threded bar sticking ouy of the top mount (the top bit of the suspention under the bonnet) now pull the ring spanner anti clock wise, easy

thats how i dun mine last wee, the rest is easy

Martin_172

ClioSport Club Member
no need for spring compressors to fit coilovers as your not taking the shocks apart your keeping them built up and fitting full new ones (ie your coilovers!)

people always talk of the strut turning when they try and loosen the top mount, keep the car on the ground while you crack them off and it wont happen! i usually blast them with the air gun right enough but its easy enough with a allen key and ring neck spanner