ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fitting vibratechnics engine mounts

LY Megane R26
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to fit my engine mounts this weekend.
I know how to fit the mounts, but when I did some searching I seen a few people on here mention about if they're fitted 'correctly' they won't vibrate as much?

Now I'm not overly bothered about vibration as I had vibratechnics mounts on my 16v converted 106 Rallye, and thought they were amazing mounts and didn't find them vibrating too much, so if it was similar to that in this then great.
Im more concerned in the fitting them correctly bit to be honest though, now I know how to change the mounts but surely there's only one way? Or is it to do with the positioning of the mount that makes the difference?

So before anyone says about it, as I've mentioned the vibration won't bother me at all regardless of how much it vibrates as the car is only used like once a week so its not a daily, I just want to make sure they are fitted correctly and in the best way :)

Thanks
Chris

Cup In bits
Just fit them all with dog bone and lower g/box mount slack. 90% tighten everything then move engine so that manifold clears subframe and then tighten from upper mounts down.

Yeah as above - it doesn't reduce the vibration it stops the knocking.
Leave the gearbox and bottom dog mount loose then grab the top of the engine near the drivers side engine mount and pull it forward then tighten that mount and then the gearbox top mount and then the dogbone mount

It just gives you the maximum room between the exhaust manifold and the ARB - or otherwise they can knock on hard acceleration

Clio 197 Cup
how much movement/alteration do you think there is with regards to the positioning of the engine?....i wouldn't have thought there would be that much as all the retaining bolts are a good fit in the holes in the mounts so not much adjustment to be had there,do you not just support the engine and centralise the mounts? the reason i ask is i had my vibra technics mounts fitted last week on my 197 and the exhaust tips stick ever so slightly further out of the diffuser now,theres no knocking though so hopefully all is well,interesting read though guys

Cup In bits
Different subframe on the 197 so there is more room but still has the same type of top engine mount iirc ( drivers side) there is a good 10-15mm of movement when you slacken the four bolts that secure it to the inner wing and some slight movement on the gearbox mount on the 1*2's but I'm unsure on 197/200.

Clio 197 Cup
Different subframe on the 197 so there is more room but still has the same type of top engine mount iirc ( drivers side) there is a good 10-15mm of movement when you slacken the four bolts that secure it to the inner wing and some slight movement on the gearbox mount on the 1*2's but I'm unsure on 197/200.

ah right cheers swede,took a couple of pics of my top engine mount this afternoon,thought it might help if they are similar

8408037491_abbf7d3e4d_b.jpg

Vibra Technics Engine Mount by scott1532, on Flickr

8409139108_8b8c468413_b.jpg

8408048473_c536388885_b.jpg

LY Megane R26
Just fit them all with dog bone and lower g/box mount slack. 90% tighten everything then move engine so that manifold clears subframe and then tighten from upper mounts down.

Yeah as above - it doesn't reduce the vibration it stops the knocking.
Leave the gearbox and bottom dog mount loose then grab the top of the engine near the drivers side engine mount and pull it forward then tighten that mount and then the gearbox top mount and then the dogbone mount

It just gives you the maximum room between the exhaust manifold and the ARB - or otherwise they can knock on hard acceleration

That's great thanks guys, I'd read about the knocking actually but none really said best way to avoid it.
In regards to loosening the mounts do I need to loosen the one that goes between the bottom of the gearbox and subframe aswell? The one it rests on.

Sounds simple enough though, may get me dad to give me a hand pull it forward then aswell so one of us can tighten the bolts up so I can get it as far forward as possible. Although saying that ill be fitting a RS2 inlet and I know clearance is tight between that and the front of the car so pulling it too far forward won't effect that too much would it?