ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Five years, 1 month and 9 days...

Renaultsport 220T
In the life of my RS Clio

Day one...

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

more to follow....

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
People not Reading the the thread ftl

Looked mint when it was new anyhow

.Simon

ClioSport Club Member
  Audi
Very nice!

Black Gold is lovely when it's nice and clean, but a bugger when it's filthy!

DrR

ClioSport Club Member
  VW Golf GTD
Am I stupid thinking these pics are 5 years 1 month and 9 days old?

Or everyone else for thinking thats what the car looks like now?

Iain C

ClioSport Club Member
needs coilovers, 4 sets of wheels, 2 cages, a new engine, loud exhaust, a few months at mark fish, new bumper, brakes, induction, cams uncomfey seats........will be on its way then

Renaultsport 220T
So having driven and cleaned it for the first six months, it was time to start improving it.

ITG panel filter was first mod.

Took it home to test it out on some proper Irish tarmac at Xmas that year.
It got a lot of looks, as there wasn't many, if any 182's in NI in 04. 1000 miles of driving pleasure. :)

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Renaultsport 220T
05 was the cars first track day at Brands Hatch. RS day in May. Totally standard car. Brakes just about lasted. Lucky my mate is a photographer. :)

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

Renaultsport 220T
Ok, so having done the RS track day at the start of May, next thing was to get more track experience, so 3 weeks later it was time for another outing. This time MSV Novice day at Brands Hatch. Had a new friend along too.

And she's quick.

web.jpg

web.jpg

P4.jpg

Was great to see how the car goes against other types of cars. Lots of caterhams, all running semi-slicks and a CTR race car, on full slicks. Luckily the drivers were even less experienced than I was. Was fun catching it up and having it move over for me.

Clio 182 -1 CTR - 0.

web.jpg

web.jpg

Renaultsport 220T
Next update, and it's time to start modifying!!!!

OE exhaust was way to quiet. Was tricky hearing the revs with lid on. Had to do something proper about that. And after meeting a dodgy bloke by the name of Tom in a pub in Tonbridge, and having a run in his car, trip to Basildon's finest, Hayward and Scott was arranged.

Along with a few others from here for. JPH and W3eeb were there, as well as a Ferrari Daytona, having a custom system fitted.

Top bloke Ian, their custom pipework is second to none.

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

web.jpg

500 Twinair
Liking the exhaust Steve, were these the exhaust you have on now?
How come you cat doesnt hang low, mine seems too.

Renaultsport 220T
Liking the exhaust Steve, were these the exhaust you have on now?
How come you cat doesnt hang low, mine seems too.

Yes, system is still on there now. We have made some modifications to the cat to free up some of the bottleneck. The position hasn't changed though. it's determined by the manifold.

Your cat shouldn't be that low tbh, depends what system you have, and if you have an inline silencer in the section after the cat and how it was fitted I would imagine.