ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fixed back buckets...

2.2 bar shed.
...in a daily driver. Anyone done it for any length of time? I'll be ditching the rear seats from my ZR rep and running a harness bar in to the two mounts for the seatbacks. Then running the drivers harness to that, while leaving the passenger seat standard with the standard belt.

Dont really have the money to spend on £1600 quids worth of buckets right now, so as gay as the missmatch is im just going to have to live with it until I can save some more dollar. Cobra Evoloution Pro's my choice, went and tested some in Merlin Motorsport and they were by far the most comfortable.

cob_evolution-pro-gry.jpg

Whats it like reversing/living with the comfort? Seems like a good idea, but could end up giving me complete hell!

200 FF Storm Grey
Ive had mine in for 3 weeks now and they're fine, I don't see why people struggle to reverse as you should only need to use your mirrors anyway.

Comfort they're fine, only problem ive found is trying to get out of the car, you need to have the door open a fair bit as it's hard to hold it slightly open while you're trying to use your arms to lift you out the buckets.

I can get hold of brand new cobra's & mounts (FIA stamped, packaged), any make any size for less than any site will offer so give us a shout mate if you see some you like :)

jenic

ClioSport Club Member
Reversing is harder, no doubt about it.

I find them comfy, I like how the seats are holding me in place rather than me having to move with the car, and the position is always perfect for me.

RB 182
I've got Cobra Evo's in my car. Normal driving is fine, you just need to be more aware around you due to the restrictions. Reversing is a pain so I keep that to a minimum lol. If you come to a sharp junction and cant see to the right of you, just slacken the belts off then tighten them after.

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
on topic: theyre fine, ive run fixed buckets in my car for the last few months and theyre great!

but cobra evos in a rover 25?? :S