ClioSport.net

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

  • When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fixing speakers

Well when music is played.. i can hear sort of buzzing, and vibrating sound.
 
Always happened or just suddenly?

With probs like that I don't know if they can be fixed tbh, they sound blown. Be unusual for a loose connection to casue vibrating and buzzing. If they are blown, buy some speakers online and fit yourself. Only prob I can think of is you'll need an allen key to uncsrew the speakers and I'd never try and change the tweeters cos too much hassle to dismantle dash. If tweeter are ok, then I'd leave them tbh unless you into high quality sound.
 
Well i bought the speakers off someone on CS... and they sed they're mint... so i dont know :(
 
Oh, well if they have just been fitted, I'd double check all the connections. Make sure your negatives and positives are the correct way. If they are brand new, speakers need time to settle in till they sound best, but if they are set-up correctly buzzing and vibrating usually means broken speaker. Make sure no small tears on cone and that the speaker enclosure is all tightly secured, it could be the speaker mounts that are vibrating.
 
Well the rubber edging has a dent in it... and when music is played... and i hold firmly onto the inner cone (the bit that jumps up and down for bass) it doesn't buzz, but when i let go, it buzz's...

Does this mean a broken speaker?.... or is there way of over coming this?

I can't hear the buzzing so much in the drivers seat, but obviously the person nearest the speaker can hear it, and is quite annoying.
 
Last edited:
If it doesn't buzz when you hold the inner cone bit, Id say there's a prob with the speaker. When you hold the cone, you're stopping the speaker from doing its job (ie. vibrate) so it definitely shouldn't buzz. I'd talk to the seller tbh, possibly damaged in transport? Or have you dropped them or anything like that?
 
i picked them up ...

trying to contact him, but hes avoiding me .... i rang him and he sed 'i'll ring u later mate, im in a jerry springer live show" hmmm
 
Your speakers knackered mate . I had the same in my 172 , the cone was buzzing , when i held it it stopped . Get your money back if you can .
 
Well the guy was selling 4... so i still got 2 more chances... if not then i'll try get my money back..

He seemed like a decent guy, so shld be able to change them, but i'll have to drive all the way back to his again!! :(
 
Back
Top