ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FK.. GAZ.. VMAXX

BG 182
Ive got myself in a right pickle as to which coilovers to go for now, i was kinda set on a set of FK's as ive had these before, then someone told me to get GAZ, than another told me to get VMAXX lol so im making this thread and going with the majority vote on what people think is the best option for me..

I have a non-cupped 182 and have no intention of going on track im going for looks, my three options are as follows:

1) FK Silverline fixed damp (Best price: £536)

2) GAZ GHA FAST ROAD fixed damp (Best price: £500)

3) VMAXX (This is the set without dampening control) (Best Price: £390)

Im ordering middle of next week for definate, honest opinions please I have just over £500 to spend..

Cheers in advance,
Dan

Seeing as there all fixed damping and no doubt not alot greater than each other i'd just go with the vmaxxs as there the cheapest. Had them on my car before the FK Konigsports and were alright on the road and average on track as there pretty soft.

BG182®
Had Vmaxx coilovers on for about a year now. Good for the road but track wise I would say they are a tad soft IMO. If your only looking for road use as you say, then I can't fault them.

Is there no way you could stretch to £700?

Kam racing are selling Bilstein at £700 at the moment and they are a LOT better than the stuff you've listed. They're also damping and height adjustable all round

Avoid Gaz - they get slated all over the forum.

ITB'd MK1
avoid GAZ. The other 2 are decent in different ways, Vmaxx are quite comfortable for the road and FK are a decent enough entry level track coilover

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Save longer, get te billies from Kam racing. So much better coilovers. Thats what I'll be getting when my v maxx start leaking

BG 182
Lol forgive me for being totally dumb, i know but what kind of reaction would I get on road? Would i feel like a milkshake? lol

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Lol forgive me for being totally dumb, i know but what kind of reaction would I get on road? Would i feel like a milkshake? lol

Nah, theyre fine on the road, just like a lower standard setup apparently. Too soft for track though, as they tend to foul the arches unless raised/camber is used.

CBR1000RR Fireblade
Honestly with my v maxx set very low if I take a corner hard and at speed I get body roll and my wheels start rubbing on my arches. For a coilovers set v maxx Have very soft springs and dampers IMO. If they were a little stiffer they would be spot on

Ive had vmaxx and gaz so il throw in my 2p worth.

Vmaxx - fairly comfortable for road use, Go as low as you could want. Handling wise they were'nt great, struggle to cope down bumpy country roads almost like theyre under damped.

Gaz - quite a harsh ride but unlike vmaxx they're damping adjustable, Handling wise i felt more confident on these than the vmaxx but only after i set the dampers to firm.

For the money you cant go wrong with vmaxx.