ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fk konigsport

clio 172
Hey

Well just been on track for the first time with my coilovers fitted. I was wondering if theres any way to get a harder compound of springs for the coils as i felt on track they were a tad soft even turned to hard. Cheers

Too soft? When I had mine they weren't even near fully stiff and they cornered pretty well/flat. How old are they? Could do with a rebuild?

On the spring front if your going to do it, speak to Faulkner springs. They do custom springs for various applications.

Cup In bits
Your video in your PT did look like it was rolling around a bit too much.

Get in contact with the FK and ask for other springs although it will end up under damped and could really be done with damping changed too.

If that fails, take measurements of them and the likes of eibach, bilstein will more than likely have a spring to suit them.

clio 172
Well i bought them with 3k miles so i was told. They do seem stiff to me but a couple mates one with a rs 200 (stock) and an exige said it seems to soft.
He recommended up rating the springs.
Im getting an ARB would that make much diff

Cup In bits
It will help the rear roll resistance, best to try it first as a few people on here recommend a stiff back and compliant front, all depends what you want though. Cheapest option is to try ARB first. What does a set of said coilovers cost anyway and are they a true coilover rear?

Rear ARB will make a noticeable difference but won't stop the front from 'leaning' when cornering. People need to remember that roll isn't a bad thing. I highly doubt that it'll be rolling as much as the standard setup. They are also a road/track coilover, not a race coilover that will corner completely flat. For that you need to put your money in your pocket.

If it corners well now, then leave it be tbh. If you want even more cornering grip, if you haven't already go for some spacers to widen the track and add more camber. That'll make a more noticeable difference than changing spring rates and then having to revolve the dampers.

clio 172
Rear ARB will make a noticeable difference but won't stop the front from 'leaning' when cornering. People need to remember that roll isn't a bad thing. I highly doubt that it'll be rolling as much as the standard setup. They are also a road/track coilover, not a race coilover that will corner completely flat. For that you need to put your money in your pocket.

If it corners well now, then leave it be tbh. If you want even more cornering grip, if you haven't already go for some spacers to widen the track and add more camber. That'll make a more noticeable difference than changing spring rates and then having to revolve the dampers.

Great advise. Iv got 10mm spacers on the back but none on the front due to running 195/50/16 a048 i do need to raise the front but i had forgot my spanners whilst at track.

Il get an ARB ordered up asap. Im also getting a cage so that should help stiffen up the car right ??

I did think it handle quiet well i just couldn't give it my all due to the scrubbing

Cup In bits
You want to see my suspension imprezaworks, when you let it down off a jack its like the shell has been dropped on the ground, its all proven stuff that works brilliantly but you wouldn't use it on the road. I think the OP is leaning more towards track car than road car with this so shouldn't mater.

Great advise. Iv got 10mm spacers on the back but none on the front due to running 195/50/16 a048 i do need to raise the front but i had forgot my spanners whilst at track.

Il get an ARB ordered up asap. Im also getting a cage so that should help stiffen up the car right ??

I did think it handle quiet well i just couldn't give it my all due to the scrubbing

If I was in your shoes, I'd be putting 25mm spacers on the front with 2-3 degrees of camber. Raising the ride height at the front if its that's low will also help, being 'slammed' doesn't mean it'll handle well.

A cage will stiffen the car big time, having got a 6 point cage in mine it certainly feels like it corners flatter.

Cup In bits

The cage will stiffen the car up keeping shell geometry a constant if its tied into all the right places, it won't stop rolling, if anything it will increase it with the weight higher up.