ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flame red 172 rarity these days?

Need some advice about my flame red 172.

I bought an Iceberg silver 172 last year planning to use it on track. It's an amazing car, great condition, but it has low mileage 60k and 3 owners, so IMO it too good to be using as a dedicated track car (stripping out etc).

I decided to buy another 172 as a dedicated track car and a flame red came up for sale. I went to see it and bought it. It needs some minor work, has 75k miles, the body is pretty much mint, but has high owners of 9 (me being the 10th).

Last night I was searching around online and found out only 480 of these were made in flame red, and it made me wonder how rare this colour is today?

Is it worth just continuing my plan of tracking the flame red or is rare enough to consider not doing that, and possibly turning the iceberg into my track car?

Thanks in advance.

Thanks for replies.

Will have a think, as slowly beginning to really like flame red. Might just stick the iceberg on the track...

Any idea which is worth more? I know there's many factors, but from mileage, owners, etc. which I posted above.

PH2 RS172
the rarer colours do fetch a little more money i think. mines iceberg silver aswell - i saw an iceberg 172 cup go on ebay for about £1000 the other day - thats gotta be as rare as any 172 going but being typical iceberg it didnt seem to make any difference on the price

@Fergie606 Yeah, sure thing!

These are the pics off the advert I got the car from (I haven't had time to take many yet).

gddFUJr.jpg

F2MRaXG.jpg

Bodywork is surprisingly good, but wheels aren't the best condition.

Love the colour. I would track the iceberg purely as spare body parts are always popping up for sale on here.

Iceberg Ph2 - least desirable of the 1*2's.

Get it on track.

This has thrown me off my plans!

I think you are both probably right though.

Only thing that puts me off that though, is the fact the flamer has such high owners compared to my iceberg.

Will have a think...

RB Clio 182

Only thing that puts me off that though, is the fact the flamer has such high owners compared to my iceberg.

Will have a think...

Why?

Are you hoping on making money on it in the future?

Will have a think...
I'm the 10th owner of my cup so don't let it you bother you. I know id rather keep flamer away from a track but that's just my opinion. Your lucky you've the conundrum being greedy and having 2!!!:-D

PH2 RS172

Will have a think...

coming from an iceberg owner personally id track the berg and vamp up the flamer. the flamer is a great colour, i think they look awesome on a set of silver turinis. up to you of course but high owners wouldnt bother me on a car with a budget price range like the clios have and id rather day to day in the flamer simply because its a stand out colour on the road whereas on track most cars are any random colour.. lime green, flourescent yellow etc

@Djw John - great pic btw!!!!

Thought I'd replied to you guys, apologies!

Made an executive decision hahaha... The iceberg is going on track. Really like the flame red colour after viewing multiple threads on here about them! (@Djw John 's being one).

Thanks for advice and thoughts on it.

PH2 RS172
Thought I'd replied to you guys, apologies!

Made an executive decision hahaha... The iceberg is going on track. Really like the flame red colour after viewing multiple threads on here about them! (@Djw John 's being one).

Thanks for advice and thoughts on it.
a cleanly modded flamer is much more attractive than an equally clean iceberg. cleaned my berg to death today and although it looks immaculate its still not got that head turning aspect that a flamer has. good man ;-)