ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flamer 172

Clio 172, Pug 106
Just some pics i took of my Flamer this weekend with the nice weather..

Was only a quick clean and wax with some meguiars gold class liquid wax!!

IMG_0192.jpg

IMG_0201.jpg

IMG_0213.jpg

IMG_0230.jpg

IMG_0233.jpg

IMG_0241.jpg

IMG_0252.jpg

IMG_0254.jpg

IMG_0267.jpg

IMG_0273.jpg

thoughts appreciated...

Cheers Justin

1.0 16v Clio (BR)
LOVED the wheels! Which front splitter is that? Seems really large!

Anyway, car is looking fantastic, great pictures!

Clio 172, Pug 106
Cheers for the positive comments...

uk300matt - The wheels are 16" Prima Racing alloys, they are not that common as far as i know, and its lowered on coilovers... how low.... not a clue ha ha!!

Chileno - the splitter is one of a laguna.... it looks bigger on these pics than it actually is..... i keep having to remember how low it is though, nearly wiped out a few kerbs with it

kwak ZX9R+golf gttdi
ahh i recognise the wheels now youve said mate!!
went there many many years ago when i had my renault 5 gt turbo,god im old now.

they suit the car very well mate.

1.0 16v Clio (BR)
JustinS - Oh, that's a nice idea you gave me! I see Laguna had 2 different ones, this one is pretty much like the 307 one, rite? thanks for the info!

rb182 cup
great pics...also like the reg plate...R5 OCD...looks like RS OCD...are you obsessed with keeping it clean? looks good

Clio 172, Pug 106
Thanks again for positive comments...

the registration plate came with the car when i bought it off my mate... hes a valeter by trade and he has major ocd ha!!!

BUT i think the plate is paying off on me now as since ive seen it so clean all i want to do is keep on top of it!!

Chileno - yeh thats right, there was a vented and a none vented!! i had the vented one on my 106!! Think they are very similar yes!!

Clio 172, Pug 106
Yep it was Parkys old one :)

Its usually tucked away on my drive in the morning... suprised it gets noticed behind the tree ha ha!!

1.0 16v Clio (BR)
Justin,

You think that the vented splitter from Laguna is flexible enough to fit on a PH2 bumper? (Its the BR Clio - like the Campus)

Clio 172, Pug 106
not sure mate.... it was flexible enough for my 106, but the clio bumpers abit wider!!!

you may aswell just get one off ebay... if it fits sweet.. if not sell it.. u will always get your money back

Clio 172, Pug 106
ha!! just spotted that!! you may struggle then :p

ive got a vented on my 106 and i still have that in my drive!! il take a pic of it on my clio over the weekend and show u it... will let u know how much of a sod it will be

Fiesta ST200
Looks very, very nice.

How is the gold class liquid wax to use? Just spray on and buff off? Finish looks good!

Clio 172, Pug 106
Cheers guys!!

The gold class is a liquid wax! Squirt a bit on a pad and buff it off a few mins later!!
Dead easy if you don't have time for using a solid wax!!

The shine on the pics is what it gave off, and it beads very well

Clio 172, Pug 106
Small update : recently back from the Isle Of Man for the TT and got greeted by 2 boxes on my arrival..

One is a nice OMP front strut brace, the other is this shiny number...

a581ce2e.jpg

question is though, to heat wrap it or not.... i know some cars and forums swear by heatwrapping but i have also heard others saying it doesnt need it....

reccomendations?

Clio 172, Pug 106
Couldnt tell you who makes it... i notice there is a plate on the manifold but its not at reach at hte moment so cant go take a look..

looks spot on though, just need to get round to fitting it

I read the 182 manifolds open up power in the 172's (according to a YouTube comment) due to the re-design of the complete exhaust system for the 182 to gain the extra 10BHP (according to Wikipedia?)

True or shouldn't I believe anything I read on the internet?

Evo 8 MR
Couldnt tell you who makes it... i notice there is a plate on the manifold but its not at reach at hte moment so cant go take a look..

looks spot on though, just need to get round to fitting it

Always love a shiny flamer. Have you got a decat to go with that?

I read the 182 manifolds open up power in the 172's (according to a YouTube comment) due to the re-design of the complete exhaust system for the 182 to gain the extra 10BHP (according to Wikipedia?)

True or shouldn't I believe anything I read on the internet?

It gives a couple more bhp iirc but it's a major ballache to fit.

Clio 172, Pug 106
Yeah i have got a decat with it... not 100% sure if i will put it on though as its loud enough as it is... any louder and it will knock over passing grannies!!!

the indicator is still being a massive bellend though,
Emailed birchdown who gave me a part number, and the cost of it was £231.90... then obviously renault labour!!

Going to ring around a few places tomorrow!!!

god damn french piece of shiteee

Clio 172, Pug 106
Im not sure mate... if thats the case... MOT friendly place next year it is ha!!

the fannymould is still sat in my garage, not had chance to get it fitted yet... and now this piece of s**t has died god knows when i will as ive heard they are a bit of a ballbag to fit!!

lucky i got my MOT done last week so all good

Evo 8 MR
Im not sure mate... if thats the case... MOT friendly place next year it is ha!!

the fannymould is still sat in my garage, not had chance to get it fitted yet... and now this piece of s**t has died god knows when i will as ive heard they are a bit of a ballbag to fit!!

lucky i got my MOT done last week so all good

I know a great local MOT place, I was telling Ade yesterday.

lol @ fannymould. It is a ballbag to fit, most don't bother as there isn't much gains to be had for the effort.

Clio 172, Pug 106
aye i heard that the gains werent that great but i got the urge ha!!
and i had te money so thought id get it.. as eventually once i do other work and get it remapped etc it will maybe be a benefit!!

Will see what happens for next yar.. but i"think" i know the place you mean! if not il give you a shout!!!

Bad news bout your gearbox,... Ade told me... that will be my problem next ha

Evo 8 MR
aye i heard that the gains werent that great but i got the urge ha!!
and i had te money so thought id get it.. as eventually once i do other work and get it remapped etc it will maybe be a benefit!!

Will see what happens for next yar.. but i"think" i know the place you mean! if not il give you a shout!!!

Bad news bout your gearbox,... Ade told me... that will be my problem next ha

Just another issue added to the list lol.

Clio 172, Pug 106
ha ha.. nah i wouldnt get rid... id rather enjoy a car even if it does break than own something boring as sin!

Clio 172, Pug 106
IMG_3848.jpg

New image of the clio taken last weekend..... Think i could double it up as a lawn mower!!