ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

flashing egg timer next to mouse arrow

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
just happened last 15 mins that i noticed, i'm not doing any d'ing or anything.

any ideas?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i've turned it off again and its even doing it before i log in into my computer, is it possible someone is using my connection or going into my computer?

Tesla MP3 2021
Bring up the task manager, can you spot any unusual processes or services?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
It's still doing it and it really annoying

anyone any help?

or does anyone know who can help me

on the users tab it does mention USER 'administrator' being active is that me?

Last edited:
  Golf R/Leon FR
yes you'll be the administrator of the computer, as long as there are no other profiles created on the PC.

have you tried google for the answer?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
didn't you have a pc-PS3 problem before? Your PC isn't Media Streaming to your PS3 by any chance?

the PS3 problem is resloved me, it was my nephew with another remote downstairs pushing the ps3 power button

media streaming? doubt it i only use the ps3 for gaming

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
yes you'll be the administrator of the computer, as long as there are no other profiles created on the PC.

have you tried google for the answer?

tried googling it aye and it keeps coming up with viruses and the task manager

i've had help from my isp with this issue, were going through different routes and were doing defragging at the mo as this might be the issue. might have answers tomorrow

BMW 330ci Clubsport
Its most likely a virus. If you use an anti-virus I'm guessing you use AVG or McAfee? Heres a tip: They are s**t! Download Avast! Free Antivirus (Google it), install it and it will ask at the end if you want to restart and let it search for viruses during boot. Say yes, that you want it to do that, then it will want you to restart your PC. During the boot it wil lsearch for viruses, anything it finds it will give you the option to delete (Or with the first one the option to delete any viruses it finds at all)

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
Its most likely a virus. If you use an anti-virus I'm guessing you use AVG or McAfee? Heres a tip: They are s**t! Download Avast! Free Antivirus (Google it), install it and it will ask at the end if you want to restart and let it search for viruses during boot. Say yes, that you want it to do that, then it will want you to restart your PC. During the boot it wil lsearch for viruses, anything it finds it will give you the option to delete (Or with the first one the option to delete any viruses it finds at all)

i use ESET NOD32 and it's clear and i used windows virus scanner and it cleared it too

Cup and R6
click start, right click my computer and "manage"

click device manager then expand the "mouse" tab, if theres no !'s or X's or little notes then you at least know its not a hardware issue causing it (very doubtful it is but it rules something out at least)

EDIT : is it wirless or wired?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
click start, right click my computer and "manage"

click device manager then expand the "mouse" tab, if theres no !'s or X's or little notes then you at least know its not a hardware issue causing it (very doubtful it is but it rules something out at least)

EDIT : is it wirless or wired?

aye done that and there's nothing like that, it's wired btw

Cup and R6
aye done that and there's nothing like that, it's wired btw

well at least you know its gonna be software based now, if it was wireless it could have been the intellipoint software but yours is wired :(

does your HDD Led come on when the timer is on?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
the power light does come on yes on the desk unit with a noise, it flashes too in snyc with the egg timer

DCi
when you go in safe mode does it still happen?

if no, go start > run > msconfig > startup tab > untick everything > restart in normal mode > is it still there?

if no then start turning things back on until you find the culprit

if yes get hijack this and we will worry about this later.

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
i've ran nod32 and it found no viruses, or found no threats

i do have my bro's pc wired to mine is it possible that could do with anything?

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
just re installed the HTC sync that was on my memory card that came with the phone version 2.02 and it's doing it again the egg timer. i've un installed it and it's gone lol

i now have noticed that theres a newer version on HTC's website a version 2.03 is out now. and it mentions about with country is closest to you Europe 1 or Europe 2 or aisia and that which one do i pick Europe 1 or 2?

Cup and R6
just re installed the HTC sync that was on my memory card that came with the phone version 2.02 and it's doing it again the egg timer. i've un installed it and it's gone lol

i now have noticed that theres a newer version on HTC's website a version 2.03 is out now. and it mentions about with country is closest to you Europe 1 or Europe 2 or aisia and that which one do i pick Europe 1 or 2?

Glad you found what it was, pick Europe 1, thats generally Uk, France, Germany etc Europe 2 is usually those Eastern blockers

Geddes

ClioSport Club Member
  Fiesta Mk8 ST-3
I got a new pc now and i installed the sync software of HTC's website and it's still flashing the egg timer on n off every 2-3 secs, i've been in t-mobile store she didnt have a clue. and this afternoon i rang the call centre told them the situation and she couldnt help as it wasnt on her pc about the problem i was having. then i rang another local branch she said about sending my phone off to get looked at and it will get wiped clean so no phone for 28 days.

My mate who works at t-mobile said HTC were at his place about a problem about a update they did, im sure its the same thing im having trouble on. but this was weeks ago.

i can install the sync software fine and it works but the flashing egg timer is very very annoying and the pc makes the loading noise too

Any ideas?

182FF with cup packs
I got a new pc now and i installed the sync software of HTC's website and it's still flashing the egg timer on n off every 2-3 secs, i've been in t-mobile store she didnt have a clue. and this afternoon i rang the call centre told them the situation and she couldnt help as it wasnt on her pc about the problem i was having. then i rang another local branch she said about sending my phone off to get looked at and it will get wiped clean so no phone for 28 days.

My mate who works at t-mobile said HTC were at his place about a problem about a update they did, im sure its the same thing im having trouble on. but this was weeks ago.

i can install the sync software fine and it works but the flashing egg timer is very very annoying and the pc makes the loading noise too

Any ideas?

Sounds like your PC is old and slow and can't handle the software.

What version of windows do you run?
Whats the spec of your machine? (processor speed, memory)
Does it do it when the phone is connected to the PC?

Whatever you do, do not send your phone back, it has nothing to do with the phone.