ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flashing engine management light, loss of power :(

172 cup
Hi all

Me and my brother have got a 172 cup for trackdays.

We started the drive to Snetterton yesterday and the engine management light started flashing and there was a drop in power... nooo!

It wasn't in limp mode but what i would describe as about 80% power. We decided to just take it and drive slowly round, if nothing else to learn the track and its lines as we haven't been there before. The only moment of note was that momentarily the power came back and it sounded perfect (was running lumpy). This quickly went back to how it was.

Today we have changed the spark plugs and the coil pack leads with no change :(

Any ideas anyone? The exhaust is blowing a bit from the cat, I have heard stories that a knackered cat can bring a drop in performance but I think it must be a connection somewhere as it fixed itself for a moment round the track.

Any advice will be welcome, lambda sensors?

Its just a toy so we are not made of money as have other cars to run but badly want to get it fixed.

Cheers guys

182 Cup, Camaro Z28
my 172 did this, were all plug same colour or did you have a nice wet one ????

prob and injector, thats what was up with mine, although it wouldnt rev at all past 3-4 well

it not the lambda can go out on these and the car will run open loop only and hence run richer than is ideal

you can do a dash check to see if you have any codes :

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-tEtm9M6Y-M

172 cup
Cheers for your reply.

One of the plugs was slightly blacker than the rest (over fueling?).

Sorry but I am thick, what do you mean by prob? I was thinking maybe one of the injectors due to the amount of power loss with it being noticeable but not awful.

It revs all the way to the red line but just no grunt.

Will check out that clip when i am home, a mate of mine has a renault diagnostic

172 cup
Found out what the problem was by getting it on a diagnostic reader. It was a faulty injector, cheap and easy to fix so happy days. She's now running like a dream :)

1eight2
I think mines the same.. How did you discover it was an injector? I was thinking coilpack or leads maybe?