ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flashing Engine Management Light

Clio 182
I've been trying the cure a reoccurring flashing EML in my 2004 Clio 182.
I bought the car about a month and a half ago and with the 3 month warranty I got with the car I have had the Lambda Sensor Replaced, MAP sensor and spark plugs all replaced to try and cure the flashing light. After having the spark plugs replaced the light only appears once every 2-3 weeks now instead of every other day, which is a huge improvement.
Any thoughts into why the car is still throwing up the flashing light along with the misfire fault code?

Many thanks

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Just buy new ones.

A code reader will usually say which cylinder is mis-firing, but as they're not that expensive you might as well do all 4.

Clio 182
Just buy new ones.

A code reader will usually say which cylinder is mis-firing, but as they're not that expensive you might as well do all 4.
Brilliant thanks for your help. Are they easy to replace yourself or is it a trip to the mechanics? Will it improve the idling too?

R3k1355

Absolute wetter.
ClioSport Club Member
Yes they're easy to replace, no you don't need to go to the mechanic and yes it probably will improve the idle (it did on mine)

Just make sure you buy genuine ones, not the cheap s**t Chinese ones on eBay.

Clio 182
Injectors still haven't arrived, so decided to test the injectors that are currently on the car. The injector on the end of the fuel rail (closest to air intake) seems to spraying out less fuel than the other injectors. Could this be the cause of the misfire fault code and flashing EML light? or is it normal for the injector on the end of the fuel rail to spray less?

Amos91

Honorary Member
ClioSport Club Member
Think they take about 10 days as its coming from Estonia. Should all spray the same so you've probably found the fault. If you get a decent code reader then it will narrow it down precisely. The generic bluetooth OBD ones will only say there is a misfire.

Clio 182
Think they take about 10 days as its coming from Estonia. Should all spray the same so you've probably found the fault. If you get a decent code reader then it will narrow it down precisely. The generic bluetooth OBD ones will only say there is a misfire.

Brilliant!! Sounds like I'm on the right track, just need to wait now for the new injectors to arrive.
Yeah I'm currently using Carista diagnostic app on my iPhone, it does the job but as you say it wouldn't be as accurate as other readers.

Clio 182
Ran out of patience waiting for the injectors to be delivered and had this afternoon off work, so I picked up a single injector from EuroCarParts and fitted it. Lumpy idle is now gone, power delivery and pick up have all improved!! Totally different car now.
I've still got a set of 4 injectors on the way so I'm wondering if I replace the remaining 3 out for the new ones would it improve further? The 3 remaining injectors are still fully operational, two look as if they have been there a while (rusted clips). If it's not broke, don't fix it?....

KitsonRis

ClioSport Club Member
If you have a set of new injectors on the way I would just swap them so they are all new. Piece of mind and that. Keep the three good ones as spares in case you need them.

I had to replace one last year in March and then another in May. Should have just swapped them all in March tbh.

Clio 182
If you have a set of new injectors on the way I would just swap them so they are all new. Piece of mind and that. Keep the three good ones as spares in case you need them.

I had to replace one last year in March and then another in May. Should have just swapped them all in March tbh.

Injectors arrived yesterday, I just swapped the three remaining out ones out for the new ones. No more lumpy idle or flashing EML light.

Attachments

• IMG_6772.JPG
    IMG_6772.JPG
    1.7 MB · Views: 189