ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flashing light

renault clio
I have an 02 clio on the dash the light that has picture of an engine flashing and sounds rough when press the accelerator.

Cannot find hand book any one help.

BG 182 FF
I have this same problem however mine started flashing at the same time as the exhaust cracked between the cat and centre section, this happened after a miss fire after I lent my coil pack to a friend to see if his was what was causing him a problem, so could be related to coil pack or blown exhaust?

BG 182 FF
Yeah worth a check mate, my coil pack is fine as we'd just had it fine on another car so im pretty convinced mine is the exhaust causing it, anyway ill find out on Wednesday :) If you cant sort it mate let me know and ill let you know how i get on on wednesday, you may have the same fault

clio 182 cup ff
hey luke, i have exact same problem. i have misfire on cylinder 3. replaced plugs, leads and new coilpack. engine gas emmissions light comes on and goes off when i drive. still have missfire on 3 and have new injector coming from renault on thursday. looked under car tonight and i too have a split between cat and centre section. would the exhaust cause misfire aswell as light

BG 182 FF
I sorted mine the other day, I just had a missfire due to a ht lead being split so I replaced that and it's absoluy fine, I thought my exhaust was blowing but it was just the miss fire causing the flexi to move, making it seem like it was blowing and it was fine once I replaced the leads