ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flashing Lights

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

If you see another Clio (172, Cup, V6, Valver etc) thats coming the other way, or infront/behind you, do you ever flash your lights to say Hi, or have you ever been flashed??

When I had my Mini I used to flash my lights at other road users and vice versas...... and then other day came across a Cup approaching, gave him a flash, he flashed back. :D

Whats peoples opinions on it?

320d M Sport

clio 172 drivers are all moody feckers!! I have only ever been flashed twice!! I always used to but sop now as no-one else can be arsed :(

Lee

BMW M2C

Ive waved or given a nod to fellow 172 owners and been looked at like Im some kind of nutter. The only person Ive flashed is y0z2a and he returned the favour!! ;)

I noticed a couple of beetles do it the other day.

Ive noticed that Williams drivers will always flash at the Williams, but I suppose there are a lot less of them around than 172s. Ive had a few successes with 172s, but usually get ignored/dirty looks. Still, feck em!

Clio II 1.4 Priveleg

Motorcyclist do this all the time!

Dont matter what bike you ride.

BMW riders dont tend to reply. Too stuck up! LOL

Could you imagine the chaos it would cause if ALL car drivers started to do this as well????

Bob RTE

i was flashed at once......

but when the old guy started playing with his tadger i done a runner........

then my mate who i was with told his mum who called the cops......

who then took statements from us.......and said would you prefer to say w**k than masterbate.......

GR7

Shiny red R32

A few years ago my dad had an MGB sports car and he used to flash and get flashed at by other MGBs.

Pink & Blue 182, JDM DC2

Seems madness to me.

If I see ya ill flash, if i dont then flash me..

Young ladies can flash away.... although make sure im pulled up at the time... dont want another accident in my Cup! Hehe

2005 Audi A3 3.2 Quattro

nope, no flashing but when I still had my silver 1.4 16V, a bloke and his missus coming the other way in his silver 1.4 16V waved just as I looked in my blind spot...felt bad not to have seen him (my gf told me about it after)

I did have a red 172 behind me once with a real old git in the drivers seat...looked very grumpy and was swapping lanes line he owned the road. Turns out hes been reported on a SA roadhogs site for driving like a w**ker on the motorway.

Only times Ive been flashed or flashed is after races

Renault Laguna Coupe

Quote: Originally posted by paddymph on 11 July 2003

clio 172 drivers are all moody feckers!! I have only ever been flashed twice!! I always used to but sop now as no-one else can be arsed :(
I flashed you once in Sale Paddy!

I usually flash or wave. If you get no response what the hell? It costs nothing.

ExigeV6|Q5|DS3|Fiat

i normally flash at valvers and willys. i dont at 172s as they are normal cars.

i often get resonses from 16vs and willys

VW Potato

drivers of older Alfas flash. Typically, given the cars wooky electrics, only one headlight will actually flash back. All part of the charm.

g

Bubbles

ClioSport Club Member
  BMW I4 M50

I see Adkins172 most weekdays when were going to and from work, we always give eachother a wave.

The Funny thing was when I flashed Lee, He was supposed to be meeting me at a pub which was about 1/2 a mile in the direction that I was going in...

:confused:

/y0z

PMd you Jill.

5 GTT was good for it, so rare to see them running it was a flash of celebration if you saw one coming the other way! (only joking!)

Tried a couple of 172s but just get ignored:(

I flash all the time, 16vs, williams, 172s, v6s. I reckon about a third respond, a third look bemused, and a third dont even notice........ Ive never been flashed first though, maybe one day!!

well i flash at most cars i see, and wave at most pedestrians ive been stop quite a lot of times for it but i think its friendly

Clart

ClioSport Club Member

U flash at most cars and wave at most pedestrians? WIERDO ALERT!!

When i had my valver and in the R5 I flash 172 owners, valver owners etc etc non of them ever flash back and there are loads where I live. Dont think most of em have heard of Cliosport!

ps I was in Derby (littleover) last week and I saw a very nice red valver (think it had the terminator kit on and a massive spoiler, 17s etc) looked really nice! anyone know whos it is?