ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flashing STOP and brake light on dash

MG ZS180 Mk2
Hi all.

A couple of times over the last month, my STOP light has flashed briefly along with the brake light (@) - the same one that comes on with the handbrake. Its has only come on for about 1 - 2 seconds and then gone off.
It happened yesterday while accelerating gently away on a slip road and the previous time it happened was when I was gently braking at a roundabout.

Electrical gremlin or what?

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Low brake fluid . Its a common problem . Check your pads for wear , they might need replacing or just top up the brake fluid if the pads still have plenty of life left in them .

You'll have to remove the engine cover ( if you have one ) to gain access to the brake fluid reservoir . Take care not to spill any onto the exhaust . Put some old rags round the brake fluid reservoir .

brakefluidres6Small.jpg

MG ZS180 Mk2
Thanks for that mate, will have a look @ the weekend.

Thought the other day they didn't feel as sharp as the did a couple of months back.

Black Gold 182 (Cup Pack)
what fluid should i use, what is standard in the car? cheers, been looking for the top up for ages