ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flat Battery

172 Cup & K20 Ph1
Hi All,

Having a bit of a nightmare with my battery at the moment. On the weekend I disconnected the battery to weld in my roll cage, I also had to re-route the rear loom and have tucked it away. It's all plugged back in and everything is working as expected, i.e. fuel pump, rear lights, wiper etc. The only thing I haven't wired back in is the door sensors, I don't use the alarm so thought nothing of it. The problem is that the battery keeps going flat overnight, it starts first time with a jump but I have no idea why.

Any suggestions? Could it possibly be down to the sensors not being plugged in? I'm going to jump start it again shortly and leave it running. Of course, it could just be that the battery has died but seems awfully odd that it just died randomly, I had no problems with it before.

Any advice greatly appreciated. I'm a bit reluctant to buy a new battery as I have a race battery waiting to go in, just haven't got all the bits and bobs I need to fit it!

Thanks
Rhys

Clio 182
By the way, don't automatically assume its something you have done
You might want to check the alternator aswell. Take it down to a local kwik-fit, they do a free battery and alternator check with print out of your readings!
The Tester should either say battery unserviceable or good battery (recharge)
After that it says that your battery is good and alternator is good you might want to track back to what you done. Test some plugs and wires to see if they are still running while the ignition is off.
Let us know how you get on :)