ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flat.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
5dm2jl.jpg

Carpet is going flat where my heel is the whole time driving. What's the best way to bring this back to life? Mats only around a month and a half/1000 miles old. I'm thinking carpet shampoo and a scrubbing brush?

you can clean them then redye them m8
Not sure of the point in re-dying a (most likely) cheap mat...?
Just an effective clean will help as the fibres are likely to be stuck down with dirt.
More likely is they are cheap mats and there is nothing you can do to replace worn out mats except replace them. If they wear out quickly, buy better ones.

1.6 Astra Sporthatch
They were £24 for the four mats and a boot mat. Knew they'd be fairly cheap but the others are pretty good, it's only the driver's mat that's gone like that and yeah its the fibres going flat. Just shampooed then scrubbed them and vacuumed the shampoo etc off, the fibres have come up alot but there's still a bit of a dip. Look alot blacker now though! I know they were cheap mats but longer they last the better!

Honda & VW
Cheap mats are pointless in my opinion/experience as like Ethan has found they age badly. Yes you can clean them up to bring the depressed areas back up a bit but it's inevitably going to continue to happen. They are cheap for a reason. Buy once, buy OEM or at least the same material as OEM. Yes you may have to fork out 3-4 times the amount but it's worth it for an item that gets alot of abuse and will let your tidy interior down if looking tired.

Get yourself some decent mats, protect them with a Fabric protector such as Gtechniq I1, Gyeon Fabric Coat or Chemical Guys Fabric Guard

Daniel

ClioSport Moderator
  Whichever has fuel
A gentle scrub with a wire brush will bring them up like new.