ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flickering fog light on dash when breaking?

Discounted 1*2 parts
you've got a bad earth on the rear lights. if you take out the connections on the rear lights you will probably find corrosion on the pins. Clean them up with some electrical cleaner and make sure the pins have got a good connection with one another.

that should do the job.

J@Y

Clio 182 and CBR 600
Mine does this also!! I'd be interested to know if it's a common fault. Is an earth crossing somewhere?

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
100% bad connection. You'll need something to clean the pins up, and possibly something to rebend the connections on the mulitplug. Took some fiddling on mine but cured it,

Gaz_

ClioSport Club Member
  Extreme mode
Bit of sandpaper, and a terminal sized screwdriver to reset the pins will suffice :)

Fabia vrs tdi
Mines started this again it does it when I gets cold and wet, just clean connectors on rear driver side lights and it's sorted

valver & 2002 mk2
+ 1 for this, french shite! Mine also has water coming in the randomly placed grommets on the boot drainage channels, which conviently trickles down over the earthing points on both sides. Genius! Might take some pics and start a sticky as this seems to be more common than Renault might like you to think...

-J-

RS2'ed 172 Cup
you've got a bad earth on the rear lights. if you take out the connections on the rear lights you will probably find corrosion on the pins. Clean them up with some electrical cleaner and make sure the pins have got a good connection with one another.

that should do the job.

This TBH - I sorted mine out last weekend, Bit of Sandpaper on the contacts (Plug and light unit) a quick spray of contact spary and job done.