ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flippers Required Size 8.

FPOS Productions™ 172 FR
Afternoon guys....

Alittle baffled by this, just been to collect something from the car, and the rear offside footwell is under water, alittle bit on the nearside too..
Mat removed and the water has just run off it?!!?..

Now, car was Pressure washed, and hose washed yesterday, no problems at all,.. seals all fine, no rain last night... completely lost as to what it could be.....
any ideas?

:S

Iceberg Ph1
That is baffling!

I had a problem like this once mind in an old car of mine, was actually the pipe that ran from the washer bottle to the rear window jet that had split while I was running some power cable.. Not sure if this could be it? Other then that I'm a little stumped

FPOS Productions™ 172 FR
Must admit mate, this had run through my mind. do you know if the pipe runs through the car or under on the Clios?

CLIO Iceberg 172
check ya anti freez levels as this is also part of the heater matrix. this being inside the cabin. if it fails it can leak water into the cabin. and it can pool up in the foot wells.
the clio also has a rear heater pipe that pipes hot air into the rear under the front seats.
so if the heater matrix has failed and is pumping the water into these pipes its just going to run it straight into the rear footwells.
its more likly going to be somthing like this than a washer bottle pipe

FPOS Productions™ 172 FR
where do i start looking for the pipe mate. also the heater Matrix??

Sorry, just at work and need to try and get home before it gets too dark to have a look..

Appreciate the help guys

FPOS Productions™ 172 FR
Update -

Coolant checked, fine. Washers front and back fine. Just had to use the extraction machine again to remove the puddle of water in the rear footwell, and i mean a puddle,... seems wet on the passenger side too??!.. Lads im stumped.

Oh on the up side, im having a pool party this weekend, be nice sat in the back of the car heater on full having a paddle. hell if i get it warm enough i may be even able to generate some clouds.

CLIO Iceberg 172
defently sounds like its the matrix, unless you have a failed door seal.
get somone to jetwash the car with you inside it...
and have a good look for water ingress. if it helps i would remove the carpets in the back and see where it is running in from

FPOS Productions™ 172 FR
cheers pal,...

thats the next step,
would the heater matrix still blow hot air though as it seems to be working fine?

you want me to put your name down for the party??

FPOS Productions™ 172 FR
lol...cheers pal, im a qualified lifeguard so you will be safe without the rings mate

CLIO Iceberg 172
lol, i remeber my days with my metro. it filled up like a pool in my front foot wells all the time untill i fixed the door jams, i removed the ruber to find the sill had completly gone and was pissing in water...
ill bring my li-lo

CLIO Iceberg 172
the interior will have to come out (carpets etc) to dry out so its prob best to strip it all out and then try and see where the water is coming from once inside

FPOS Productions™ 172 FR
Togusa, Hutchie... your on the guest list...

i suspect i will need to remove the interior, thats the weekends job sorted, and the front coilovers,. (going to be busy)..

Thanks for the help guys, appreciated.

The Boosh!

ClioSport Admin
  Elise, Duster
sounds like a leak from the washer jet/water thing. the pipe for the rear washer goes directly under the passenger footwell and it is a known fault on the mk2ph2.

Megane dci 130
With it being autumn and all the s**t falling everywhere, I would check your scuttle pannel drains. Take all the trims off and mainly check the big one in the middle that comes through into the engine compartment. Iv seen this make the rear wet also.

FPOS Productions™ 172 FR
again thanks for the suggestions guys...
will need to remove the carpets no mater what over the weekend, so will check the pipe work, no noticable blocks though Shep, car is valeted most weekends so nothing is in there that shouldnt be....
;)