ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flooded 182

No more clio's for me!
Saw this on cliotrophy.co.uk, i thought i'd share...

Chriss182flooded25june2007.jpg

:dead: :dapprove:

Repost? Maybe? Care, no. lol

No more clio's for me!
According to the chap on the trophy forum the dash board lit up like an xmas tree when he was able to drive it away. :(

Breaking A 172 Replica
How good are the door seels?

At least the water isn't fast moving - the paint should still be ok!

RB 182
We've 7 engines on order for various cars at Ford where i work, all flood damaged after sucking up water

How high does it have to go to ruin it?

If the water gets in the car and is any higher than the bottom of the bump strips will be costly. The biggest issue will be if the engine gets water in it ie about the top of the grill.

You can fix it upto any degree though realy just can be expensive.

Clio MK2 (1.2)
Gutted or what, if the engine is f8kd will insurance pay or will he have to pay out of his own pocket ?

FF Monaco 172
I'd be heartbroken if that was my car!! You'd been even more gutted if you only had 3rd part fire and theft, would have thought fully comp would cover soemthing like that?

FFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUU
In my opinion if you have a car worth more than a few hundered, £1000 max. You would be stupid not to go fully comp

porsche 944 - 80's ftw!
If the water had been contaminated i would think they would write it off due to the cost of stripping the car and replacing any interior submerged in the flood not to mention the rest of repairing any wet electrics

182 FF
That has just happened to my 172 cup but i was driving at the time. Drove into a 'shallow' section on the road that suddenly deepened. The K&N gobbled up the water and it cut out. Managed to push the car out and park it up before opening her up and manually rolling it forwards and back to push the water out. Took the plugs out and fired the ignition to blow out any more excess. Screwed it all back down and it fired up fine. Its in for an oil change and new spark plugs as we speak but my garage guy reckons ive got away with any damage. Lucky boy!

monaco blue 172 ..
i repositioned my air intake just in case i needed to go through any water , glad i did cos ended up going through what i thought was shallow and ended up coming to the top of the wheels!! kept the revs high and drove very slowly propper s**t myself, but the clio came aout the other end fine no problems....

JMR

RB 182 Cup
Come to the east midlands if you want to park in a one of many big puddles!

Yup, live in Newark too. Couldnt even get home last night.:dapprove:

Had to stay at my brothers house and went to the pub and got ratted instead.:approve:

Managed to get back tonight though thankfully.

182 FF
I live at East Markham off Markham Moor roundabout and work in southwell. There were 17 mile tailbacks on the A616 between Newark and Ollerton.

pug 106 rallye S2
most of tamworth was under water recently... saw way too many cars submerged past the tip of the bonnet must have been the most expensive june ever for insurance claims!
had a guy come to get a quote for some damaged bikes... 100k flood damage to his house!!

That car belongs to a member on the RS forum, that shot was taken from his office window somewhere in Sheffield.

Shed.
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

i know. i know. i just said that too lol.

poor poor b*****d. nothing should ever happen to a man's motor. To see my pride and joy like that would kill me. even if it is a stupid s**t car.

GF's boss' car was a brabus merc something or rarther. dont know the model but it was one of those very expensive ones. Got written off ffs lol. £30k worth of damage.

Shhh
you would of thought he would of gone out with some duck tape and sealed the doors up.

The rest would of just taken time to dry out

1.2 MK2 PH2
It's not as if the water just suddenly appeard though, they must have noticed it was getting high... If that was me I'd be getting in it and driving it somewere as safe.... Know wat i mean?