ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Floodlit Sport

Need some help for tonight, going to Donny Rovers Vs Swansea tonight and will have a press pass.

No idea what settings to use, it could be quite bright, so I'm guessing a high ISO and a shutter speed of 1/200 or something.

Taking the 70-300 and will have the shkit lens too.

Any help appreciated :) x

Cupra
You have a 430EX too don't you? Might be worth boosting the power right up on that if you can't get enough light in the 70-300, just to help freeze motion. It depends on how far away the players are of course.

Ian

Focus TDCi
Just my thoughts, only guessing really: I think the floodlights are pretty powerful so I think the players should be well lit. Not like sunlight obviously, but enough to get decent shutter speeds at higher ISO's. If you look at photos taken by the pros at evening games, they're quite noisy anyway - they just have cameras that work well at high ISO's and lenses that let in a lot of light.

Very jealous of the press pass btw, enjoy it!

Last edited:
Yeah just been looking at some of those Ian, they've had the exif removed lol.

I think it should be fine, as long as it doesn't rain.

:D

A4 Avant
Ensure you use the correct white balance for the type of flood lights, unless your shooting RAW.

Fiat Panda 100hp
Nice shots mate, could have done with a slightly higher shutter speed to freeze frame, but I suppose you was at your limit in terms of equipment.

Love the shot of the pro togger looking at you.

I was his guest. I tried stealing his equipment. 2 x D3 one with a Nikkor ED AF-I 300mm f2.8.

I was sat with about £60ks worth of equipment alone at one point!

Cheers though dude.