ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Flux, Brentacre & Sky - Great service :o)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Just wanted to give an overview of my latest experiences with some insurers.

As im sure you are aware, i've been fairly busy building my track vts over the past few months, & its now time for insurance renewal ... obviously being fairly high specced & of course, being a saxo, insurance hasnt been all sweetness & roses tbh.

I've been with Adrian Flux for 3 years now & Sarah's TT is also with them, got my renewal through last month at £358 tpf&t, 3k a year cover. Asked for fully comp & 10k a year. Was quoted £575 ... i lol'd, but noted the 'for existing customers, we'll match any competitor price'. So, i got the phone out:

Chris Knott - Sorry, despite us being the official 106/saxo trackday enthusiasts insurer, we dont do cages. oh rly thats helpful.
Greenlight - We dont insurance saxo's, in the same we dont insure 172 cups, they both scare us.
Brentacre - great guys, very helpful, yes, we'll cover you, no extra charges for other mods, 10k a year, fully comp, DOC (driving other cars), protected no claims, legal & personal cover, £430 - to be insured with Marker Study.
Sky Insurance - again, incredibly helpful, great service, nice guys, we'll cover you, no extra charges for other mods, 3k a year, fully comp, DOC (driving other cars), protected no claims, legal & personal cover, £430 - to be insured with Marker Study.
Admiral/Elephant - hello, my name is Ifanci Acurry, we are in delhi... After spending 25 minutes trying to translate Urdu, i managed to understand 'you have too many modifications' & hung up.

So, back to Adrian Flux who after much negiotation, did fully comp, 10k a year, DOC, protected no claims, legal & personal cover, etc for £425 with Equity Red Star via a 'price match'.

Essentially, sorry to both Sky & Brentacre, your service was excellent throughout, but it made more sense for me to just stay with what i know in the end :)

Maybe next time ....

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Yeah bit of shame you only used them to price match but it can be a pain changing insurers, I could have saved a little bit this year but would rather not have the hassle of changing.

Funnily enough sky were really expensive for me.

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Lols, they stuck to their word tbf. I'd probably have done the same.

How's the TT to insure for Sarah? My prices have been okay so far.

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader
Lols, they stuck to their word tbf. I'd probably have done the same.

How's the TT to insure for Sarah? My prices have been okay so far.

I think everyone does the same lol ;)

TT's ok for Sarah tbh, with her as main driver (23, 3 years no claims) and me as 2nd driver its just under £600 i think ... thats based on an '03 225 coupe valued at £10k or so.

What sort of figures you getting?

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
That's very good mate, I have 6 years no claims and i'm 24 think was around £400 for the cheapest. With my dad as a second driver.

You had any quotes on the 3.2?

Rob

ClioSport Moderator
I was about to post the exact same thread, but with my results....

22yo 0NCB 172 ph1 with light mods....

Its the 0 NCB that kills me I know, but it'll do for a quote for a year and then it should drop....

Adrian Flux - Couldnt get close to £1071 so didn't try
Brentacre - £1400
Chris Knott - £No no claims. Can't quote, c**t
Bell - £1300
Churchill - £1600
Greenlight - £No no claims. Can't quote, c**t
Sky insure - £1071

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Yeah I remember you saying, I really don't fancy the 3.2 fuel, tax, insurance wise but do like the bumpers ect... :)

Gally

ClioSport Club Member
Not a abd price for the front, I can get a hold of stuff no problem.

G-stars car is pretty perfect for a 225, just needs clear repeater in the headlights! ;)

DMS

A thirsty 172
Is there a minimum age to drive other cars with Sky / Brentacre?
This would prove really useful for me but I'm only 24. Most of the insurers have a ridiculous minimum age of 25 for stuff like that in my experience.
Insurance renewal is needed at the end of Feb.

330i. E30 Touring.
I've got this to come in the next couple of weeks..

Need to phone Sky, really as Flux have beaten their quote by a few quid!

320d
I realy rate Flux. I'm through equity red star.

These club insurance schemes are a a load of crap if you live in the North West of England.

MR2 Mk1.5
Essentially, sorry to both Sky & Brentacre, your service was excellent throughout, but it made more sense for me to just stay with what i know in the end :)

Maybe next time ....

No problem at all, thank you for your feedback..

It is nice to know that our knowledge and service shines through even though we didn't get the custom this time.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

330i. E30 Touring.
Just bought my insurance with Sky.

Top notch price and service. The lads really know their stuff.

even though sky couldnt insure me i found them VERY helpful and hardworking, full marks to the service team just not the underwriters ;)

the same for brentacre but not as helpful as sky.

im with flux now, and for the negative press i've been getting lately... well they were epicly helpful and competitive for me :)

Sir_Dave

ClioSport Trader

It is nice to know that our knowledge and service shines through even though we didn't get the custom this time.

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Both you & Luke were excellent!! :D

Just bought my insurance with Sky.

Top notch price and service. The lads really know their stuff.

Glad you did Budgie, at least one of us went with them.

And lets be honest, they'll make a lot more money out of youngsters like you, instead of old fogies like me :eek:

Rob

ClioSport Moderator

Ollie
Sky Insurance

Just phoned you to see about payment options as getting 1k together in one lump isnt easy (espec when you've just started a new job)

LOVE the pay in 3 installment options, for a 30£ surcharge, well worth it.

Hope to be taking out my policy on saturday, thanks for being so useful :)

I recommend you lot to everyone I know now tbh

MR2 Mk1.5
Thanks again for this guys.. I try and pass on all your feedback to the guys you actually speak to on the phone, I just sit behind a computer screen all day ha ha!

Ollie
Sky Insurance

DMS

A thirsty 172
Had a quote from Sky myself earlier. It was more than I expected but the last time I got a load of quotes together (out of interest) it was coming up a lot cheaper. It was a while ago though and prices increase all the time. I'll try the rest later / tomorrow.
Cheapest quote so far is £710 FC with DOC and £450 excess, all mods declared for 7,000 miles per year.

Bus w**ker
Rang Flux, mostly after reading about Naith getting a good deal. Last year they quite frankly sucked on price for me, but this year they beat everyone hands down.

I tried Chris Knott, fantastic service. I emailed my details through using the template, as it was gone 10pm when I did it. Next morning Peter replied to ask an extra question, I replied and shortly after he rang me to let me know that they couldn't match the price I'd already been quoted by Flux.

Rang Sky and flew through all the questions, literally done in about a minute, really friendly and knew their stuff. Sadly also couldn't beat Flux's price.

Brentacre...well they disappointed me. I rang them last as they were my insurer for the last year. Said that I wouldn't be renewing this year, expecting a "What can we do to keep you" but instead got "Ok I'll mark your policy to lapse" lol. Surprised me from my experience with them last year when they were so helpful and actually wanted my business, I know I'm only one customer but it's given me doubts about trying them again next year.