ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fly Eye Tinting

Clio RS200 Cup
I went to the french car show thing at beaulieu a few weeks back and saw a ds3 with some fly eye tints on the headlights. Ive got a pic of it and thought it was a great idea.

Have any of you guys had any experience of fly eye tints? Like whats the visibility like at night etc etc?

So far, it looks cool, is legal and is cheap so im kinda tempted! Cheers! photo-1.jpg

XC90, 330d, Trophy’s
I used it on my old FRS, only fitted it to the rear lights, side repeaters and lower rear bumper fogs/reverse lights, I didn't do it to the headlights tho.

rear lights before and after:

bc836f2d.jpg

4d6a5854.jpg

Clio 1.2 2.3 2004
With Lamin x there is 2 tints 6% and 12% when it's on the rear it doesn't make any difference.

SC03OTT

ClioSport Club Member
  Octavia vRS
Quite a few folk on the ST forum use it. The same people who have bolted RS spoilers on and have coloured Ford ovals. Make of that what you will.

Twingo GT
you're putting something in front of your headlights. Tell me how that doesn't effect light output?

Who cares if it reduces light by a small amount? The OP wants it for looks and it looks good if done right, he can just upgrade the bulbs or get HIDs anyway to make up for any light loss if he still has STD bulbs which have the light output of a candle anyway.

I'd look into lamin X though as up close the fly eye kit does look abit odd as you can see all the holes, just upgrade your bulbs to compensate. If you like it do it, don't worry about everyone else's opinion as its not their car its yours.

S4 Avant
Oh it's just for looks? And he can get HIDs to compensate?

Sorry I hadn't appreciated that. You crack on, it looks well good.

Turbo 182 Alfa 159
you're putting something in front of your headlights. Tell me how that doesn't effect light output?

This is what my laminX looked like. It maybe effected by 10% max but it wasn't noticeable on the road so it was fine to me. If it did effect the light output it would of been removed instantly.

driveout.jpg

danward

ClioSport Club Member
  M135i
I had fly eye tints on my Corsa C. The look was great IMO but when driving at night I literally could not see a thing! This is why I eventually had to take them off as I was driving home in the dark every evening and struggling a lot. When I removed the tints my headlights were ruined! The adhesive chemical had somehow corroded the plastic on my lights so that nothing but a sand down and correction would fix.

I would not reccomend them on any car that is being driven in the dark.

20.jpg

21.jpg

Last edited:
  Clio RS200 Cup
I think that last post has made my mind up and ill give it a miss! I was thinking of putting HIDs in anyway as I assumed there would be some light loss. This lamin-x stuff... Any ideas if it's legal? And if it ruins your headlights? Cheers