ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

fmp - Less Is More - 01 Impreza STI

Tav

Clio 197
You could also do with a flat floor so that diffuser is actually capable of doing anything!

That's if you want down force. A lot of people chop the bottom of their bumpers off to let air out from under the car and lower drag...some even pop holes along them. A diffuser (or look a like) can work for tidying this up as it's not nice having the underside of the car on show. Ok it might not work like a real diffuser, but for some it does serve a practical purpose.

Any pictures of this Subaru being used? Sounds like it gets used but if you just look at the pics it's like any other waste-of-money-JDM-bling-project...I wanna see what all these bits add up to in action.

Good thread and a good project :)

(I appreaciate the spoilerless history, but I really think they need something - a small WRX spolier at least - on the bootlid to look right, but thats just my opinion!)

tiTTy & SV650
I love the lack of spoiler, dare to be different. Also prefer the newer bumpers, looks good not a fan of the steering wheel though.

RDH

ClioSport Club Member
Some serious bit of kit, but it really needs the wing at the back imo. It just ain't a scooby without one.

clio 200 F4Rt
couple more of the wheel, it is alot nicer than the pics seem to show. I love it!

430-vi.jpg

005-vi.jpg

IMG00217-20090726-0814.jpg

as for being used, thin on the ground i am affraid. do have these tho:

Nurburgring2009part3169.jpg

DSC_0319.jpg

and a couple of randoms:

091-vi.jpg

070-vi.jpg

ValverInBits
Nice. Really like.

Couple of questions to do with the OEM brakes, what Diameter are the standard discs? Any idea how much the OEM brembos are worth? are they radial mount or normal lug mount?

BIFCAIDS

ClioSport Club Member
  340i M-Sport & 182
awesome bud my mates got a scoob (bought it when he was 18 lol drove it for a year then stored it in his garage since, he's like you spent what its worth on it thus not selling it) car looks ace tho bud i look forward to seeing it with the new frontend blob eyes are rank ;)

Great thread! Nice write up. Did you use to own a track 1*2 before this? Sure fmp was a company or linked to a company . . . ?

Struggler

ClioSport Club Member
  Ph1 track 172
that rear is p**n, love how it looks without the spoiler,

good job,

are you considering changing the front? was never a big fan of the bug eyed version.

clio 200 F4Rt
lol

thanks again for all the comments.

should have some Cusco goodies to show in the next week or two, ordered some rear links and rear trailing arms from Japan, along with a Spec-C roof vent.... more body cutting!

clio 200 F4Rt
Great thread! Nice write up. Did you use to own a track 1*2 before this? Sure fmp was a company or linked to a company . . . ?

yes mate, had a 'time attack' 172.

and as for a company, started shed motorsport a few years back, sold a few BTB exhausts. decided not to continue with it.

But Shed Motorsport has been relaunched earlier this year as Shed Motorsport Clothing & Apparel. free plug or what!

We basically stock and sell 'car culture' clothing.

check out our shop:

www.shedmotorsport.com

clio 200 F4Rt
ok, so havent update in a while.

So the latest is.....

car used to look like this:

151-vi.jpg

But i had fallen out of lov with the bugeye front end, so rather than fall out of love with the car, i decided to update it.

So a few panels, a Chargespeed conversion kit, and a few weekends i did this....

014-vi.jpg

021-vi.jpg

2-vi.jpg

004-vi.jpg

13-vi.jpg

001-vi.jpg

10-vi.jpg

and ended up with this.....

013-vi.jpg

015-vi.jpg

016-vi.jpg

019-vi.jpg

All the 'new' panels are a bit rough (seconda hand parts), so car will be getting a respray/blow-over at some point. But otherwise i am very happy with it!

Note the smaller WRX bonnet vent, as it feeds oil cooler, didint see the need for a big STI one, plus the stealth front mount intercooler. Less is more!

Also picked up a few parts to continue its transformation...

Cusco boot brace, and chassis braces:
012-vi.jpg

Cusco adjustable trailing arms
022-vi.jpg

Cusco adjustable lateral links (front side)
024-vi.jpg

Cusco adjustable lateral links (rear side)
026-vi.jpg

JDM hazard warning button (only fitted to special editions S202/S203 etc)
028-vi.jpg

And a genuine roof vent kit, which is gonna take some balls to cut the roof to fit! :D
029-vi.jpg

Then the final peice, is some more JDM megabling... a set of genuine Bride Gias low max reclining seats!
059-vi.jpg

060-vi.jpg

061-vi.jpg

062-vi.jpg

063-vi.jpg

Suspension and braces will go on over the next few weeks, then a few suspension bushes need doing, then it will go for a full geometry setup, so handling will be sorted!

Roof vent i will do at some point over winter

And seats will be fitted when i find the cash to buy the expensive sub frames! Might wait a while, as want to 'make-over' the interior with flocked dash, door cards and rear seats trimmed in Bride fabric (which i have) etc.

But otherwise, thats the latest with the blue beast!!

wow. the seats look epic. gona be awesome when all updates are done, i see where your going with the less is more and i love it. good work.

clio 200 F4Rt
Superb matey!! Any plans for lightweight wheels?

the Work Emotions CR's on there are not too bad weight wise. Plus i have a set of standard STI rims with Yoko A048R's for track work.

So probably stick with them for the while, finish a few other bits off, then who knows, might re-mortgage to afford some Volks or something! :D