ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Focus on Imaging 2012 - NEC

RS Megane DCi 175
Anybody going to this this year?
I went last year and it was really good, plenty of bargains - managed to snap a D7000 (not long after release at the time) for £699 last year!

Got my eye on some expensive glass this time, hoping to pick up more bargains!

Just a warning, it's pretty much a full-on camera-geek-fest, but it's worth going for a hands-on go at lenses and equipment I'd never be able to justify the £££!

More info here: http://www.focus-on-imaging.co.uk/home.htm

RIP Dan
Why not? I enjoy being on my own, don't have to worry about other people and you can be totally selfish all day by looking at what you want.

RIP Dan
I'd hold your hand all day as long as we did what I wanted for the whole day.

Seriously I would prefer to be on my own and walk around. Otherwise mates etc are just fcuking baggage, getting lost and wingeing and that.

RIP Dan
Not got a pot to piss in at the mo, hopefully towards the end of he year things will sort themselves out a bit.

Need some more kit though, my 300D is long in the tooth and just got kit lens and cheap sigma zoom.

RIP Dan
You are right though, it is still more than enough for me but frustrating sometimes. New glass would help as I always make do.

Although I bet if Dan or Brazo took my camera for a week they would still produce fantastic shots.

Arse.

RS Megane DCi 175
It's not free Sam, but it's not expensive either. £10 on the door I think? But includes free entry to all the Adobe seminars etc.

RS Megane DCi 175
Went to this yesterday - picked up a new Manfrotto tripod, but there wasn't the same bargains this year as there was last. Kit I bought last year had gone up circa £90-£120!
Still worth a visit though. D800 is impressive, as is the 5D mkIII (even if it is a Canon!)

1.2 Mk2 Clio P1
Went to this last year, thought it was a pretty good event. Sadly can't make it this year as I couldn't get the time off work :(

Even got free entry because I went last year!

Just got back from the event..... agree with above post.. there's not many bargains to be had compared to last year... in fact camerpricebuster.co.uk seems to be cheaper than most of the stores here... Managed to pick up Canon 60D for £699 so im happy..jacobs seems to be the only store that was cheaper than the camerapricebuster.co.uk.

2.2 bar shed.
Mmm, I'm used to the prices on talkphotography I guess. Normally see them up for just over 600 there.

//edit - one of my mates got a used 7d last month for 600 quid. Tempted to burn her at the stake, I paid like 1100 quid for mine :(

Swift Sport
I went to this yesterday as I had free tickets. First time I've been so I quite enjoyed it, although it did make me feel like I needed to upgrade!

as is the 5D mkIII (even if it is a Canon!)

I'm really excited for this! One can dream... Hoping it forces mk1 prices down even lower though!!

(as above, it's want not need. My camera is more than adequate but I can dream)