ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Focus ST orange or dyno rod orange???

Clio 182 Turbo
I have a mondial/artic blue 182 and looking to spray the roll cage and the wheels orange but not sure what orane to go with had Focus ST orange or dyno rod orange, just looking for some peoples opinion and a suggestions for any other orange??

Thanks
Danny

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
Don't buy ST orange it's an utter nightmare mate. Just for instance the one we painted today had 5 coats of ground coat and 4 coats of basecoat plus lacquer and it still looks thin!

Avoid... like the plague!

Clio 182 Turbo
Don't buy ST orange it's an utter nightmare mate. Just for instance the one we painted today had 5 coats of ground coat and 4 coats of basecoat plus lacquer and it still looks thin!

Avoid... like the plague!

ha ha ok noo problem my roll cage is black as well so will need lots of coats then lol soo dyno rod orange then??

Gally

Formerly Mashed up egg in a cup
ClioSport Club Member
You can buy cheap pearl colours off ebay ect... mate. Just make sure you buy solvent paint and not waterbased please!

Astra GSI, 172, Golf
i had a orange made up very similar to the st orange. its a single stage pearl but does need a white undercoat. its a little easier than the st orange to use aswell and looks awesome in the sun.

this is teh same colour on drews wheels. looks good in the pics but soo much better in person

1.2 y0!
04052011574-1.jpg

This was done in st orange, wouldnt use it for wheels as its metallic, and very very thin, used nearly a whole can for one wheel. Find another orange and when you do post some pics with what colour you went for cause i want to know too!

Clio 182 Turbo
the thing i prefere ST orange but sounds like alot of people have had problems with the paint!! soo now leaning toward dyno rod orange!

the lambo orange looks pretty smart but dont know what it is called!! ha ha

Clio 182 Turbo
:S doubt youll find it in the touch up section at halfrauds eather lol

ha ha no i doubt not!!

Have done abit of digging there are about 3 different colours of lambo orange

found two that are apparentky different
this one
2004-Lamborghini-Gallardo-orange-D.jpg

and this one
Lamborghini_Gallardo_1.jpg