ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fog light on again when braking

ADS_V6

ClioSport Club Member
  172 cup clio v6 st
hi yes i know covered a million times,after searching the threads i cleaned the rear light clusters and this worked for a bit,now its come back i put a new rear light on from renault and tday still light on when braking or selecting reverse any help thanks ?

Mine started doing this now and again..

I cleaned up the bulb holders and made the connections excellent and refitted..

It now does it a lot more and when indicating looks ridiculous.. I guess its the wiring connections themselves

2014 Clio 200t edc
I had this, look at the earth connector (female in light cluster) and twist it slightly with pliers.
I assure you it worked for me.

I am so going to do this ASAP.. looks awful when indicating and the lights are on.. reminds me of an old car with disco lights :(

I cleaned the plugs out with some blue roll and a small electrical screwdriver so come to think of it.. perhaps I bent the connection a bit.. ?!

172 Ph1/Scooby MY00
Did it sort it?

I am so going to do this ASAP.. looks awful when indicating and the lights are on.. reminds me of an old car with disco lights 😧

I cleaned the plugs out with some blue roll and a small electrical screwdriver so come to think of it.. perhaps I bent the connection a bit.. ?!

MRBILLYUK

ClioSport Club Member
  FF Jeden Osiem Dwa
Mine does this from time to time when its wet/ damp weather , so must be causing some shorting problem . The connectors are like new , no corrosion . I took off the light clusters , dried any moisture out off the connection block with a hair drier then liberally coated the connectors with WD40 , problem solved .