ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fog light on when breaking.

Did a search and thought the solution was to clean the rear light clubsters of any rust.

All connectors clean as a whistle, But sanded bulb bottoms lightly and cleaned the prongs.

This hasnt solved the problem.

Ive also read the earth can be bad? Where can i find this please?

Or is there any other solutions?

Da

Less
Earth is behind the rear cluster, inside the boot from memory. This is generally the cause, it will be loose or corroded causing a bad connection.

Da

Less
It's inside the boot, behind the cluster. I can't remember if there's one or two in total but it/they are just under the trim/carpet on the slam panel for the tailgate.

PH1 172 Sport
Mine was a loose bulb filament in the rear cluster that was still connected to one post and then shorting out the other under braking. I'm sure its quite rare but still possible

Just took both earth points apart, Cleaned the heads with a file to bare metal and the wire, Still doing it.

Run out of options now havent I ?

Rb 182
mine was exactly the same, i unplugged the rear lights, unclipped the case on the plug to the lights, and with a small screwdriver pressed down on the metal pins pushing them closer together so when you plug the light back in its a tighter fitting on the plug if you know what i mean.

You mean on the dual fillament bulb? Theres only one dual fillament for the brake light isnt there?

Yeah i will have another crack at cleaning them tomorrow.

Dont think any of the actual fogs are lighting up, Had a check. Just a common fault i think.

Im going to give the earth another clean tomorrow and also the contacts. See what happens.

I was thinking this, However leaving the original eaths in place, And just adding a second earth and split it between the 2 originals.

However the problem only happens when wet. And its not that annoying, Just thought id try and rectify it.

Breaking mk2 DCI
poor earth and moisure ingress are common on many cars check both, clean all terminals and wd40 them to fck