ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

FOG LIGHTS NOT WORKING !!!!

CLIO 1.4 SPORT
Hi guys
ive got a 1998 clio 1.4 sport and seem to be having problems with the foglights. the front ones dont work at all and the nearside rear one doesnt (off side is fine). i googled the problem and found someone else on another forum with exactly the same issue but nobody replied so im guessing it may be common. ive tried the obvious stuff, bulbs, fuses, checked for loose wiring etc but everything seems ok, ive even changed the rear lights to phase 2 ones from a 2003 but still the problem persists. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as i dont want this to become a MOT issue.
thanks in advance
gaz

Have you checked the relays under the glovebox attached to the UCH? Do you hear them click when you turn the fogs on?

I had a problem with my front fogs a few weeks back - I got a multimeter on the wiring loom by the passenger side fog and checked the voltage. Just needed to clean the contacts etc and got 12V up from the 1.2V I was originally getting, then voila - all working! It's worth checking that you're getting a reading from the fuse box, then the wiring loom I mentioned, then to the bulb housing.

CLIO 1.4 SPORT
Hi
ok, if the front ones are not an mot issue then i can live with that as i never really use the fogs, i was more concerned with the back ones really but if only one is only supposed to work then thats fine, one other question on the 2003 rear lights the top section is for the fogs, what function does the near side on do then as there is a bulb in it and its not for lights or brake lights so i assumed it was a fog as it is on the off side. is it a lhd rhd thing?, cheers again

Clio 172 RS ph1
sorry for the bump, but i think i have a similar problem, i get 12 volts at the fuse box, i hear the relay click, the dash indicates fogs are on but no 12 volts at the connector under the front bumper. Can anyone help with a diagram of the wiring so i can find where it's is disconnected? (i was fiddling with the wires under the steering wheel (it's left hand drive btw) so i might have pulled something off.... (it's a ph1 btw).
Thanks, Danny.