ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Fog Lights

Clio 1.2 16V
Hey,

Looking to fit some fog lights on my clio Mk 2 expression, The car has the blanked out fog lights but has the wires and the stalk has fog light switch on, I also have the fuse in too, So i assume that all I need for them to work is the fogs? Is there anything else I need?

Also What would you suggest getting standard fogs or xenon?

Cheers

Tom

172 and vw passat
iv got a clio Mk 2 expression to. but i had to replace my stalk with a dynamique stalk so it has a switch for front and back fogs. But, can say much more and its all still siting in my room, not got round to fitting it yet.

Da

Less
The expression probably only has rear fogs on the stalk, as above there's probably more to it than just fitting the fogs.

Is there one or two fog symbols on the stalk?

Da

Less
You will probably have to buy the complete kit, which from Renault is about £150 from memory.

You will need to check in your fuse box at the end of the dash to see if your car is equipped for the addition of front fogs.

90% of the mk2 Clio's have the wiring present behind the bumper, but on lesser models the loom isn't present inside the car. I found this out the hard way.
The kit from Renault has everything you'd need, stalk, loom, relay, fuse & holder and the two foglights with brackets.

Clio Mk2 Ph1 1.2 8v
Been trying to ask around etc.. renault were charging £170 labour to fit these!! How much should I realistically be looking at to get everything fitted..? I managed to pick up a cheap kit from ebay with the fogs, stalk and the wiring loom( i think it's called that? :p the thing that connects each fog to the car?)

I use my front fogs about twice a year. Is it really with retro fitting them? Its not like you use them everyday. If you want to add to the look of the car, why not just fit the lights and not wire them up.

Ph1 Sport
I use my front fogs about twice a year. Is it really with retro fitting them? Its not like you use them everyday. If you want to add to the look of the car, why not just fit the lights and not wire them up.

Haha so far thats all ive done, dont think there is any wiring present so aint got round to sortin anything out yet ..

05 Clio DCi65/92 Surf 2.4
You will probably have to buy the complete kit, which from Renault is about £150 from memory.

You will need to check in your fuse box at the end of the dash to see if your car is equipped for the addition of front fogs.

90% of the mk2 Clio's have the wiring present behind the bumper, but on lesser models the loom isn't present inside the car. I found this out the hard way.
The kit from Renault has everything you'd need, stalk, loom, relay, fuse & holder and the two foglights with brackets.

I just started fitting fogs to my other half's expression on Saturday.
I have changed the stalk for one with twin fogs. The lights have turned up today and they dont work when plugged in (the car has the wiring behind the bumper) so I can only assume that it doesnt have the relay some people mention?
Would it just be a case of installing a relay into the fusebox as there is one gap (in a block of 4 relays) but I dont have any documentation for the fusebox.

Thanks for any help.

Nissan 350z
Not a Mk 2 expression i know, but i just bought this off ebay for £60 + £10 pnp which im going to fit on my Mk2 Ph1.

Foglight Kit

They seem to appear on ebay every couple of days and by the looks of it for the price seems to save alot of hassle!

05 Clio DCi65/92 Surf 2.4
yeah there is one on there at the mo which I might make an offer on but I would like to see if I can just add a relay. I still need surrounds so a kit might be better for me...