ClioSport.net

Register a free account today to become a member!
Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

• When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Read more here.

Foggy out...

clio 1.6 16v
its not foggy here, pissing with rain...again.

quick one, does anyone know the type of bulb used in the fogs on a clio? (51 plate) because i've just changed all the bulbs in the headlamps for xenon ones, want to do the same with the fogs.

cheers

erm incorrect me thinks mate, theyre h11s, never understood renault and the guide on here being wrong but they both are

jamie

clio 1.6 16v
anyone got any idea how im meant to change the bulbs myself, just put the car up on ramps and i cant really see how it unclips at all! ideas?!

Octavia vRS tfsi
The whole units unscrews from the front on the ph1 via the two torque screws and you change it then

*edit but your driving a ph2, so thats of no use

ph2 mate is quite easy;

the h11s are "L" shaped with the bottom of the "L" being the part that connects to the wiring and the top is the actual bulb, pointing forwards into the casing and lamp glass.

get underneath the car and disconnect the bulb from the wiring, which is a clip in place connection and so you just need to play around and see how it disconnects (see where the clip actually is)

then you need to take the bottom of the bulb between your thumb and finger and twist it clockwise. it will then come out.

here is a pic of the bulb so you can understand my phrases more lol;

h11.gif

jamie

the picture on the left shows a bump at the bottom, this is where the clip secures to

the picture on the right shows the silver metal parts that allow for the bulb to be secured, ie pushed into the holder and then twisted to secure.

the orange is rubber, allowing for a water tight seal.

jamie

not your fault fella, i had the same prob when i first fitted mine, bought h1 and then found they would fit dohhh!!

jamie

clio 1.6 16v
not to worry billy! i couldnt find any that were a half decent price anyways! thanks combine, i should be able to work it out with what you've given me there! cheers, will let you know how i get on!